While you get prepared to bid adieu to the pleasant winter months and gear up to welcome the summer season, time is ripe and you must know what you should do and what you must avoid so that your oily skin behaves well with you! If you have an oily skin, you already know how unruly and boisterous it may be during the hot and humid months. Hence, to stop your skin from giving you nightmares this summer, start taking control over it right from the beginning.
How to take care of oily skin in summer: Top five easy tips
Summer is the time for oily skin to experience break outs, grease and clogged pores. Here are a few tips to help you ensure that your oily skin behaves perfectly well during the hot summer days:
- Salicylic acid based product works wonders: Cleansers that help you in fighting zits and blemishes will be great for that non-oily matte effect. Go for a cleanser that contains salicylic acid and indeed you get many such cleansers readily available in your nearby stores. Don’t forget to check out the list of ingredients! Wash your face with a cleanser of your choice twice daily and splash your face with some cool water, every now and then to avoid oil from piling up.
- Don’t forget the dear old Multani Mitti: Multani Mitti is a marvel of nature and don’t forget to use it to your own advantage. Mix two spoons of multani mitti with a spoon of sandalwood powder. Make a smooth paste with rose water, which acts as a natural astringent. Apply this face pack twice a week to get glowing skin sans oil and grease. This face pack not only helps to keep your skin healthy and smooth, but it also helps in arresting the over-production of oil.
- Use gel-based products to hydrate your skin: Gels would always be nice and cool to your skin. If you can get hold of pure aloe vera gel, nothing can be better! Massage your skin with it to help soothe stressed skin and at the same time, it keeps oily skin in the pink. If it is not possible, invest in a good quality aloe vera gel packaged by a reputed brand and use it on your skin everyday to hydrate and nourish oily skin without having to worry about breaking out
- Never go out without sun protection: Oily skin tends to react vigourously when it comes in contact with the hot summer sun. Hence be careful. Just invest in a good gel-based sunscreen product with high SPF and look stylish in a pair of glares. Make the umbrella your best friend and trust me you are all set to combat the summer sun. Make sure that the sunscreen product you lay your hand on is oil free and doesn’t clog pores.
- Drink gallons of water: Water helps to flush out toxins from your body. Moreover, summer makes you prone to sweat and hence you must try to replenish the water content lost from your body. Drinking lots and lots of water is the simplest way to keep your body hydrated. Moreover, it also helps to keep your skin healthy and all the other tips would work for you only if you can flush out the toxins from your body. Oily skin is a major problem in summers and if you are not careful, you will start having pimples and acne.
Summers can be fun with lovely floral prints, crisp cotton sarees, sleeveless outfits, skirts and shades like baby pink, white and aqua blue. However, it is very important to prepare your skin to combat the woes of summer so that you can look gorgeous, irrespective of everything else!
Image Source: 1
How to Take Care of Your Eyes in Winter
How to Care for Combination Skin
How To Care For Skin After Waxing
30 Best Clay Masks Available in India For Oily Skin
Top Tips for Oily Skin Care
Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris For Combination or Oily Skin
Aroma Magic Blended Skin Oil For Oily Skin
Summer Makeup Tips
Chanel Liberte, MAC Saigon Summer Lipstick, Maybelline Cheeky Color Coral
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick – Summer Pink
5 Summer Skin Care Steps