WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Most of us suffer from dry and frizzy hair, especially during winters. The main cause of frizzy hair is because the cold dry air damages your scalp’s natural oils. So, in this article, I will list down the causes for dry and frizzy hair and the remedies to treat it from home.
Read on to know more.
Causes for Dry and Frizzy Hair:
1. Not Drinking Enough Water: I know it’s hard to drink more water in winters but, in order to get smooth and shiny tresses, you should drink 8- 10 glasses of water every day. This will give sufficient hydration to your hair.
2. Hair Treatments: Hair colour and hair bleach damages the cuticle resulting in a dry and frizzy hair. If you are doing it make sure you deep condition your hair once or twice a week, using homemade masks to reduce the damage caused to the cuticles.
3. Heat Treatments: Blow drying, flat ironing and other curling devices which use heat, may damage your cuticles. Do not use these regularly. Limit the usage to special occasions only.
4. Shampoo: Please use a shampoo which suits your hair type and adds moisture to your hair. This is very important during winters as if you do not choose it wisely, you will end up in having dry and frizzy hair, no matter what you do.
5. Conditioner: Use a thick creamy conditioner on damp hair and not on dripping hair. Also, do not apply conditioners on your scalp. Just apply it from the mid length of your hair towards the tips. It is very important to leave the conditioner for 5-10 minutes to see effective results.
6. Leave in Serums: It is very important to use a serum especially in winter months. Choose serums which have frizz controlling ingredients. Regular usage will leave your hair smooth and shiny.
7. Dry shampoos: I know it is difficult to wash your hair regularly during winter. So, dry shampoos turn out to be your best friend. But, dry shampoo causes a product build up on your hair resulting in dry and frizzy hair. So, make sure you are using it wisely and washing your hair regularly.
Homemade Remedies to Reduce Dry and Frizzy Hair:
If you are not oiling your hair on a regular basis your hair is prone to dryness and damage. Unless your dermatologist told you not to use an oil on your hair and scalp, please use it. Oil is a magical potion that will deeply condition your hair and prevents dry and frizzy hair. Use oil which suits your hair type. Mix it with castor oil in a ratio of 2:1. Warm up the oil and apply it on your hair and scalp. If you have time leave it over night otherwise apply it at least 2 hours prior to washing your hair. Massage it in a circular motion on your scalp and be very gentle. After you oil your hair properly, use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair. Now, make a bun or braid and place a shower cap or tie your hair in a silk scarf. This will lock in the moisture and control the frizz.
Hair masks are a great way to reduce dryness and frizziness. Hair masks nourish your hair from roots to tips and also reduce hair damage caused by heat treatments or hair colouring. I am listing some easy DIY hair masks which will reduce frizz if applied twice a week on a regular basis.
1. Avocado and Olive Oil Hair Mask: Take one avocado. Remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces. Blend it in a blender to make a smooth paste. Now, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and your mask is ready. Apply this paste on your hair and scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
2. Milk and Honey Mask: This is a very simple and effective mask. Take 1 cup of raw milk and add 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey to it. Transfer it to a spray bottle and apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner. This remedy not only reduces frizz but, makes your hair sleek and straight as well.
3. Egg and Curd Mask: Take an egg and add 2 tablespoons of curd and mix well. Apply it from the roots to tips and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash off with a shampoo afterwards.
4. Banana, Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel: Take a banana and extract the puree in a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel to it. You can also use aloe vera gel bought from the market if you don’t get fresh aloe vera.
5. Coconut Milk and Castor Oil Mask: This mask not only reduces frizz but, also helps to grow your hair long and thick if used regularly. This will also make your hair straight. Take coconut milk in a bowl according to your hair length and add 2 tablespoons of castor oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it. Mix it well and apply it nicely from roots to the tips. Shampoo your hair twice as this will leave your hair oily and follow it with a conditioner.
How to Get Rid of a Stubborn Body Tan and Achieve Flawless Skin
How to Do Facial At Home with Kitchen Ingredients
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
Tips & Tricks to Treat Dark Inner Thighs
7 Home Remedies to Treat Cellulite
DIY Hairspray for Dry and Frizzy Hair
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin