If I am to name one of the most irritating and persistent beauty problems I have ever faced, it is none other than the “oily dandruff” I have had to put up with. The scalp feels itchy and a thick and sticky layer, yellowish in color, tends to cling to your scalp threatening a life-long friendship with you. No matter how much you try to get rid of, it just refuses to leave you! I am sure, all my friends out there, who have faced this menacing problem, would surely and readily agree with me! Now the question is- How to treat oily dandruff? Obviously, I have not found a permanent solution! If I ever get one, I will surely write an article on the same! But, for the time-being, I would love to share some of the ways in which I have been able to treat oily dandruff to a good extent. It has been a long-drawn trial-and-error process for me. In this article, I am going to give you a glimpse of everything you need to be aware of, while treating oily dandruff.
Oily dandruff: Causes and Symptoms
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Oily dandruff, which is often an outcome of a skin condition called “seborrheic dermatitis,” is associated with one or many of the following causes and symptoms:
- Over-active oil glands.
- Yeast/fungal infection.
- Scalp buildup.
- Hormonal problems.
- Gynecological problems.
You may want to see the skin-specialist and go for medications to treat oily dandruff. However, it is a great way to keep treating oily dandruff with home remedies while medicines and doctors try to do their bit!
How To Treat Oily Dandruff with Home Remedies?
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Here are a few hair care recipes that you may try out easily:
- Fenugreek-lemon solution: I have seen people swearing by fenugreek paste. They say – “soak fenugreek seeds overnight, grind the soaked seeds, add lemon juice and apply on scalp.” However, when I tried it out, I was not so happy! Reason? Well, the fenugreek seeds tend to stick to the scalp and I had a hard time removing them! In fact, I started losing out strands of hair too! So, I tried modifying the whole affair. I ground dry methi seeds, took a teaspoon and soaked it overnight in water. Now. I sieve out the methi water and add a spoon of lemon juice. The solution is now applied on scalp with the help of a cotton ball. I wait for an hour and then rinse with shampoo. I find it so easy to apply and equally easy to rinse. This can be done two to three times every week. I am sure you will see significant difference within a few weeks.
- Application of henna: Henna is good for oily hair and scalp. You may use henna as a hair pack, once every fourteen days, to keep your hair healthy and to control dandruff to some extent. You will do well to add the juice of a lemon, two spoons of amla powder and some curd to the henna mix. It helps to control oil secretion and curd and lemon juice keep oily dandruff at bay.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to work wonders for dandruff. You may dilute it and use it as a solution on your scalp twice a week.
- Amla juice: Extract the juice of an amla and apply it directly on your scalp. Massage your scalp for sometime and wait for the juice to dry. Rinse with shampoo and water. This practice helps to control oiliness of scalp and thereby treat oily dandruff.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
How To Treat Oily Dandruff: Tips and Tricks
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- Clean it- Please keep your scalp free from oil and grease. Shampoo every alternate day with a good quality shampoo. You would do well to use an anti-dandruff shampoo twice a week and a purifying/anti-hair fall shampoo once a week.
- Choose wisely- You should choose your shampoo wisely. Whether it is a herbal shampoo or a medicated one, make sure you look for ingredients like salicylic acid, ketoconazole, tea tree, hibiscus extracts, lemon extracts and neem extracts.
- Drink water and eat fresh: Drink gallons of water and include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet.
Remember that oily dandruff is a menace. You need to be focused in your plans and religious in following them in order to treat oily dandruff.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
How to Jazz up an Old Pair of Shoes: DIY
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How To Organize Your Makeup & Jewellery
10 Tips to Treat Cracked and Callused Hands
How to Treat Face Blemishes
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
How To Treat An Oily Scalp
Garnier Fructis Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Lotus Herbals Kera Veda Neemactive Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Dove Damage Therapy Dandruff Care Shampoo
How To Do Hair Rebonding at Home with Wellastrate Straight System Kit
Deep Conditioning Treatment at Home
How to make Tinted Lip Balm at Home
Make Your Own Amla (Indian Gooseberry) Oil At Home
Natural Hair Spa Treatment at Home – DIY
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne