Paraffin wax manicure is one of the most popular wax treatments. If you have parched, cracked and calloused skin caused by overworking, this manicure is just what you need to restore the softness and elasticity. But you can do this wax treatment in the comfort of your home without shelling out an exorbitant amount of money.
1. Liquefy the paraffin wax in an appropriate bowl. Make sure you don’t heat it up so much that it burns your delicate skin. Heat it up at intervals of 10-20 seconds.
2. Allow the wax to cool. Meanwhile give a stimulating massage to your hands with a rich hand cream. A pleasantly scented hand cream would lift your spirits during the process. Make sure the cream is absorbed properly.
3. When the wax has cooled a bit, dip your hand and keep it for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this till the wax completely covers all portions of your hand and forms very thick layers.
4. Cover your hands with a warm towel and relax for half an hour or so. Let the wax work its magic and reveal beautiful hands.
5. After this, you can remove the wax off. It can come off easily by applying a bit of pressure. 6. After you peel it, massage the hand cream again and wear a glove. This will seal in the goodness of the nourishing cream.
7. Repeat this same process for the other hand.
Customize your wax:
You can even add some essential oils to reap extra benefits of the treatment. Some commonly used oils are lavender, eucalyptus and rosemary. Depending on what other issues you want to address through this wax treatment, you can choose the oils. For example, lavender oil is used for relaxing and soothing muscles.
Tips to follow:
⦁ Try to make the wax coating as thick as possible, so dip your hand in the wax multiple times.
⦁ Avoid moving your fingers too much so as to avoid cracking of the wax.
⦁ The longer the wax stays warm, the better and effective is the treatment.
⦁ Avoid nail polishes immediately after the treatment as it will dry up the natural oils from the wax.
⦁ Massage a generous amount of cream and allow it to be absorbed.
⦁ You can apply cuticle cream or oil on your nails before the procedure.
⦁ Molten wax is scalding hot and may cause severe burns if not handled with caution.
Benefits of Paraffin Wax:
The benefits of paraffin wax manicure are too many. Let me tell you about a few of them:
1. Pain relief
The heat generated from hot wax has immense therapeutic value and is highly effective in providing symptomatic relief to muscle and bone disorders like arthritis and to overworked, sore or strained muscles.
2. Softens skin
Calloused, rough skin gains softness from the molten wax within a single use you can find your roughness and dryness reducing by 50%.
3. Boosts skin elasticity
This wax treatment increases the elasticity and mobility of skin. This is helpful in restoring the health of fatigued and stressed hands, and to reverse the signs of ageing.
How to Treat Yourself to a Spa Day at Home
Instant Spot Treatment: Do-it-Yourself
Herbal Face Pack To Treat Acne Marks – Do It Yourself
Green Tea Face Scrub Mask To Fade Acne Scars: Do It Yourself
All About Paraffin Facial
10 Steps for a Great Home Manicure
VLCC Pedicure Manicure Hand and Foot Care Kit
Boots No. 7 Rechargeable Manicure Set
Different Kinds of Manicure