Body spa is needed by each one of us to keep ourselves look relaxed and beautiful from head to toe. Instead of shelling out thousands at a spa, you can do it yourself once or twice a month, and once in a while you can head out to a spa, after all professionals do it better. I do this thrice a month. I try to keep the same routine as it is (with 75% home ingredients); it takes time for results to show and thus I stick to the routine for a long time. But you can change every month and try combinations according to your skin type. This is just a basic one, but you can also add essential oils and soak in a tub if you have one.
To start off, I oil my hair the previous day and let it sit overnight. I usually apply a homemade one with different herbs and oil and thanks to mom, it has done some wonders to my hair. Once I finish oiling, I put a warm towel/or use steam on my hair to make sure that the oil gets soaked and reaches the roots.
Step 1: Hair
• Things needed
One mug of green tea preferably cold – for final rinse
Fenugreek hair mask – to make this hair mask, soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight and make a fine paste. Add yoghurt and lemon juice.
You need to always start your hair spa being clean. So go ahead and wash your hair with a suitable shampoo, do not condition your hair. You need not use a soap for your body now, you can just wash it with water and your hands. After the bath, pour one mug of cold water tea on your hair.
Do not rub your hair, take a t-shirt or a cotton towel and just wrap your hair in it. To the semi dried hair, apply the hair mask to the scalp and hair. Leave it on your hair for 1-2 hours.
Fenugreek seeds : prevent hair fall, premature greying, clear dandruff
Lemon juice: Treats oily and itchy scalp, clears split ends, lightens hair, natural conditioner
Yoghurt : Treats dandruff, conditions hair, reduces hair fall.
Smooth, shiny hair. Easy to comb with minimal tangles and less frizz.
Step 2: Pedicure and Manicure
In a bowl, fill in some hot water according to your tolerance and add all the above ingredients minus the oil. Keep everything close by. Remove nail polish from nails and soak your feet in water for some time. I immerse both my hands and feet and lay in that position for 3 minutes, then I do my fast manicure first : shaping the nails, using a toothbrush to clean the nails and a scrub to clean the dead skin. I then do the same with my feet. While doing the facial, I still like to soak my feet in warm water, I add oil in to the water and soak my feet.
Relief from stress and clean smooth hands and feet.
Step 3: Facial
• Things needed
Cleanse : yoghurt, lemon and tomato juice
Scrub : Brown sugar, milk powder, rice flour and aloe vera gel
Face pack : Your choice; I use a mix of Biotique Bio Milk Protein Face Pack and Patanjali Multani Mitti with a bit of mayonnaise
1: Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser.
2: Then dip a cotton in the mixture of cleanse, apply on your face and massage in circular motion.
3: Use a warm wet cloth and cover your face or use steam. Use a towel/cotton and remove the residue.
4: Now mix the scrub ingredients and gently exfoliate your face and neck for 2-3 minutes. My area of extra importance was near the corners of the nose, below my nose, on my lips, chin and forehead. You can also use milk instead of the powder. I use it because it is granulated.
5. Apply the pack. Use potato/cucumber slices for your eyes, listen to soothing music and relax and forget the world. You can also use homemade face packs too, I prefer these as these give me good results.
Yoghurt, lemon and tomato juice : Improve complexion, make skin radiant, bleach, and remove scars and acne on long term use. Reduce sun tan also.
Scrub: Exfoliates, purifies and re-mineralizes your skin. It also deeply polishes your skin and gives soft, smooth, bright and well hydrated skin.
Step 4: Bath Time
• As the hair mask is dry, do not try to rub and get it off, stand under the shower and let the water flow from your hair. In circular motion, slowly remove the mask from your face.
• Now start working on your hair, as you have already washed your hair and is clean, all you have to do is remove the mask from your hair, gently rub the scalp and get the residues out.
• Apply a scrub all over your body. I use a mixture of store bought scrub and tea leaves from the tea bags I have used. Wash it.
• After this, turn your water temperature down as much as you can bear and stand under it still and let the water flow down. Or soak yourself in lukewarm water.
• Use tea as a final rinse, squeeze out the water from hair by gently pressing it and wrap it in a towel. Pat dry your body and apply the lotion concentrating every area on your body; I divide my legs and hands in 4(upper and lower halves) and run the lotion from top to bottom in circular motion for 10 counts. Then I use some more and massage the remaining parts.
• Apply a toner and moisturize your face.
• You can also give yourself a massage.
These are a few simple steps I follow; my hair has become shiny, completely dandruff free (touch wood) and the hair fall has reduced a lot. The scars on my face are gradually lightening and haven’t got a single pimple from past 2 months. With proper body exfoliation, I am trying to reduce my strawberry legs. Fingers crossed.
Do try and let me know if you have any other interesting DIY face/hair mask. 🙂
How To Make Foot Spa At Home
Natural Hair Spa Treatment at Home – DIY
Intensive Hand and Nail Spa at Home: DIY
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
5 Easy Steps To Get A Luxurious Hair Spa at Home
L’Oreal Paris Hair Spa Deep Nourishing Conditioner
How to Treat Dark Knuckles at Home