I’m fresh out of my Ralph Lauren Romance and would like to try something new. So, in my quest for a new scent I sampled a ton of scents at a perfume store. Although it is difficult to choose from the extensive selection of little luxuries, you should definitely take home a graceful bottle that will lift up your mood every time when you use it.
Price: INR 4600 for 50 ml
• Inspired by the successful and elegantly composed HUGO BOSS woman, BOSS Jour allows her a moment of indulgence every morning to fully prepare for the day ahead. BOSS Jour has three key facets: the ‘light facet’, with its citrusy freshness, reminiscent of the first light of day and its positive radiance; the ‘inspiring facet’, a colourful floral bouquet that perfectly matches the many aspects of her day; and the ‘elegantly composed facet’, with its musky, earthy notes to mirror her inner feminine strength. Add this wonderful interplay of aromas to your daily ritual for a luxurious, inspiring start.
• BOSS Jour Eau de Parfum is a sophisticated fragrance that encourages women to be the authors of their own destiny.
• An invigorating interplay of white flowers and citrus notes create accords sure to excite and inspire.
The perfume arrives in a tall and lean white bottle, with a transparent cap. The golden neck displays the logo of the brand and there’s nothing mentioned on the bottle. It’s super convenient and I can take it wherever I go; it even fits in all my purses. Amazing!
The fragrance is mild and fresh, suitable for summer days. It is a very intense citrusy fragrance on the skin at first; once it settles into the skin, it leaves behind the yummy floral fragrance. It is more like a day perfume – fresh, clean, feminine and pleasing.
My Experience with Hugo Boss Jour Pour Femme Eau de Parfum:
The product arrives in a moderate packaging. It is lightweight and easy to carry. The only problem lies with cap, it doesn’t snug in securely to the bottle and comes off in the handbag. But there is no spillage as such.
Coming to the fragrance, it has a clean citrus floral scent when it comes to top notes. After a while, it settles into a very mild floral fragrance. It is sweet and fresh. I wear this to work, for that extra little kick to my confidence. Since this is a mild fragrance, I don’t wear it on my special date nights.
I must say it’s a bit mild for my liking – quite flat and boring. I would prefer Boss Nuit over this one. Freesia is the prominent note, although after 3 hours, there is no trace of the perfume behind. So, the staying power is very disappointing, unlike Boss Nuit. There is nothing interesting or different about this perfume; nothing to make me smile or feel special when I apply it!
I have been wearing this perfume for a month now and not a single person around me noticed the fragrance, which is unusual for me. The perfume hasn’t been a big hit and I’ve never really heard about this scent from anyone. Overall, I consider this perfume a failure. It’s not going to be anybody’s signature fragrance, for sure!
Pros of Hugo Boss Jour Pour Femme Eau de Parfum:
• Elegant and light-weight packaging
• Recommended for everyday use
• Good for sensitive nose
• Settles down to a fresh, floral fragrance
Cons of Hugo Boss Jour Pour Femme Eau de Parfum:
• Average staying power
• Nothing unique about the scent
• Costs a pretty penny
IMBB Rating: 2.7/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Hugo Boss Jour Pour Femme Eau de Parfum?
I wouldn’t repurchase or recommend this perfume to anyone. The only downside for me is that the staying power is not very long. It’s a very soft, light scent that disappears in about 2-3 hours. Definitely not worth the splurge!
Hugo Boss Nuit Pour Femme Eau de Parfum for Women
Boss The Scent for Her by Hugo Boss
Hugo Boss Deep Red Eau De Parfum
Hugo Boss Femme Eau De Parfum
Hugo Boss Orange Sunset Eau de Toilette
Nina Ricci Premier Jour Perfume
Nina Ricci Premier Jour Perfumed Body Lotion
Zara Nuit Eau De Parfum
Chanel Allure Eau de Parfum Spray
Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Eau De Parfum