Hi Everyone, 🙂
Since the festive season is at its full swing, it only felt right to discuss the lipsticks that we are most likely to pull out during this insane confusing celebration time. It was tough considering how big a hoarders we are. But you know I think since we put a restriction on just two lipsticks, only the best of the best came out from our huge collections.
Would love to know your favourites for sure in the comments below. And are you also finding picking just two lipsticks difficult? 🙂
Enjoy the festivities . 🙂
Rati : I have to have two shades with me always for the festive season – a perfect N*de because I almost always end up doing a smokey eye and a bright lip. This season I am in a mood for a berry plum shade. So my two picks are – Dolce Gabanna Goddess 140 Lipstick. I think it is my perfect n*de and it does not make my lips look like I have no lips.. you know. 😛 For a deep plum shade, my pick is Tom Ford Black Dahlia.\
Jomol: Festive season in India is so colorful and vibrant, and your makeup gotta match with the cheerful mood around! I feel MAC Ruby Woo is one lipstick that would make you look instantly glam. My second pick would be Revlon Cherries in the Snow – from Diwali to Christmas!
Rashmita : Picking 2 favorites is really tough…but still trying my best….
1. Ruby Woo by Mac – You cannot go wrong with this; fetched me compliments from absolute strangers. No wonder it is the best selling shade of Mac Cosmetics. If you are still in 2 minds about it, trust me, you will love it!
2. Classic Rose by Lakme – Again one shade that would suit everybody from fair to dusky skintone. Can be worn muted for everyday look or can be glammed up with a simple gloss. It has right mix of red, orange, brown and pink. Pure Love!
Shikha : Choosing just two lipsticks wasn’t a hard task for me since festive season equals bright and bold lip colors to me. I like to enjoy more and worry less about my makeup during festivities, and that’s why I have chosen these super gorgeous yet low maintenance, long wear lip colors :
1. Colorbar Deep Red 001 Deep Matte Lip Crème – one of the few reds that actually flatter my skin tone and do not make me look older.
2. L’Oreal Color Riche Pure Reds Star Collection Pure Amaranthe Lipstick – A red that leans towards pink and looks super glam.
Saloni : Wow that’s a task to choose 2 awesome ones out of my stash! The first one would be Faces glam on color perfect lipstick Fucshia love and the other one is Lakme absolute gloss addict berry crush. Both of these are intensely pigmented and reveal bold shades which are perfect for the upcoming festive season. They brighten my face and these will suit you no matter what skin-tone you have, in-fact it will complement the Indian skin-tone brilliantly. These are the pink and red for everyone 🙂
Priyanka P : Narrowing down to just two lipsticks is so difficult! But anyway, after going through my collection I have two lipsticks – One being Faces Pink about me Glam On Lipstick and the other one is Lakme Absolute Lip tint in Startlet Red because one can never go wrong with a red shade! I think these two shades would suit all skin tones and are apt for the festive season!
Neetu : Oh goodie! narrowing down to just two is real tricky! Still it has to be Guerlain rouge automatique lipstick chamade for its truly luxurious packaging, gorgeous color pay off, the heavenly scent just everything. And recently I started loving matte colors hence next vote goes to my favorite Urban Decay Revolution Matte Afterdark for its matte yet slippery texture which effortlessly sits on my lips imparting such intense color pay off. It compliments so well with my western as well as Indian traditional outfits. A must have for festive season.
Ankita Das : It is a difficult question for a makeup enthusiast. There are so many favourites that choosing only two is like ‘ a drop in the ocean’ for us. Still bravely facing this task I come down to shortlist ‘Poppy cream’ as my favorite red from Elizabeth Arden. The second one is a nice, deep maroon shade ‘Hang up’ from MAC creme sheen range. I did not mention any light shade because I blot these two colors to get a light shade.
Neha A : For the festivities I feel you can’t go wrong with the two most staple colors which will complement most attires- a true red and a bright pink.
For these two color my favorite pick would be Stila All day liquid lipstick in the shade Beso and Marc Jacobs Le Marc lipstick in the shade So Sofia. Both are super long wearing so no worries about constant touchups and both matte shades allow you to customize the finish with a dab of clear gloss on top.
Kulpreet : This one’s real tough for a lipstick lover like me!! Just 2 lipsticks for the festive season? Hmmmm…Ok…
1. Be it Durga Puja, Diwali or Christmas round the corner – one of the shades has to be a red! My pick for red would be (You have no idea how tough this is!!!) – NARS Velvet Matte lipstick in the shade Cruella. It is matte, so stays put and can always be glommed up with a lip gloss on top.
2. And the second shade would have to be a neutral to compliment heavy eye makeup – so I will go with MAC’s lip pencil in shade Absolutely It. Not only will it work with heavy eye makeup or a dark smokey look, it will compliment just about any attire.