I am sure all of you beauties have heard/read about Inglot Rainbow eyeshadows. Their range contains neutrals, bright colours, and now some double sparkle eyeshadows. I wanted to share with you guys my review of the Inglot rainbow eyeshadow in 101R which is a trio of interesting neutrals. These three colours are also awesome dupes for the first three colours of the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. You can read my other reviews about Inglot rainbow eyeshadows on IMBB.
Where To Buy:
I bought these eyeshadows from Inglot’s website. I don’t have an Inglot store near me (booooo), so I have to settle for ordering online. But there are enough swatches/reviews to help people like me 🙂 You can always try eBay and Amazon, but you will probably have better luck on eBay. Also, for some reason, prices are more inflated on eBay :-/
The pan is a rectangle and it measures 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm. I have always heard these pans to be referred as “square” pans, but they really are rectangular pans. You get 0.09 ounces or 2.5 grams. That is a pretty good amount for the price. The eyeshadow is labelled on the back part, so that always makes my day 🙂 Also, their expiration is 18 months, as opposed to the traditional 12 months.
For reference, below is the average price and quantity (for a single eyeshadow) by some commonly used eyeshadows:
|Price (in USD)
|Quantity (in grams)
6.00 to 8.00 + tax
2.30 to 3.20
15.00 + tax
18.00 + tax
1.99 + tax
3.99 to 5.99 + tax
|Wet “n” Wild
1.99 + tax
5.99 + tax
Price and Shipping:
The Inglot rainbow eyeshadows are priced at $8.00 + tax per eyeshadow pan and it is a superb price. Their prices did go up by a dollar a few months back, but it is still very affordable. I love that you get three shades from the same colour family in a single pan! Their customer service is really bad (at least here in the States). If you drop them an email, you can forget about ever hearing from them. They basically just take their own sweet time and you just have to wait. It can take them anywhere from 7 to 10 business to ship your order.
My Take on Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 101R:
Neutrals. You would think there can only be so many colours when you think of neutrals, but eyeshadow manufacturers keep surprising us with more every so often! Well stocked on neutrals, I could not resist purchasing this neutral beauty. I actually bought this particular trio to serve as a dupe for the Naked Basics palette. I only wanted the first three shades from the palette and the palette itself is only $27 + tax, but this eyeshadow was only $8 + tax and it gave me super close dupes of those colours! 🙂 I wasn’t sure when I was buying this trio what the colours looked like exactly, but seeing it in person, I promise you they are worth having.
Inglot rainbow eyeshadow in 101R has three light, clean, neutral colours. Here’s a short description of the three colours:
1) Colour 1: A simple off-white colour, but so important to have for any makeup lover. It is the perfect lid colour for olive beauties as it is a brighter version of one’s own skin tone. It is buttery, smooth, pigmented, and applies easily. This colour, I think, is the matte version of Urban Decay Venus. I’m not saying it is an amazing dupe, I’m just saying it’s close enough for me.
2) Colour 2: This light taupe colour has the lightest pink undertones, making it a close enough dupe for Urban Decay Walk of Shame. Beautiful colour to brighten up the lids and open up your eyes. Great pigmentation and amazing colour payoff.
3) Colour 3: This eyeshadow, I think, is an awesome dupe for the colour I wanted the most out of the Naked Basics palette – Foxy. Another beautiful colour with great pigmentation. Slightly more yellow than most olive skin tones, it shows up the most on my eyes.
Things I Love about Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 101R:
- You get 3 colours very similar to half the Naked Basics palette.
- 8.00 + tax buys you three different hues of the same colour at 0.833 grams of colour for each colour, making it an amazing buy.
- The eyeshadows are not ashy or chalky.
- They are very pigmented and have awesome colour payoff.
- Since I depot everything, individual pans come out cheaper and make my life easier.
- They last 10+ hours on me with a primer and about 5 hours without a primer (I have super oily lids).
- It says matte, but I find the finish to be a buttery-satin, which is way better than just matte.
Things I am Not So Much in Love with about Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 101R:
- Nothing! 🙂
I would rate this trio 4.9/5 and recommend it to all the neutral/brown loving beauties.
Last Thoughts on Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 101R:
Neutrals are definitely underrated. This trio is excellent for work. It is also great if you are going for a clean, crisp day time look. The colours complement each other wonderfully. Here’s a quick suggestion on how I would wear this trio: Colour 1 on the inner third of the eye and on the brow bone to highlight it; Colour 2 on the middle third of the eye; Colour 3 on the outer third of the eye, all the way to the crease + I would recommend mixing a hint of brown/black in the crease since neither of the three shades is dark enough. In under a minute, you can create a happy, fresh look 🙂 I wasn’t sure whether I would like it or not, but having used it, I absolutely love it! 🙂
Peace out! <3
P.S.: I did use a tiny amount of Urban Decay Creep in the crease for the EOTD. Also, sorry about the 3 flakes of mascara on the lid in the EOTD 🙁
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 105R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 104R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 102R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 103R
Inglot Rainbow Eyeshadow – 108R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow #112R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow #115R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 119R
Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow #110R
Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow Rainbow #113R
Konad Iloje Flobu Eyeshadow Pink Pearl
NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Powder Eyeshadow Silver Pearl
L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Pearl Duo Powder Foundation
Bourjois Single Eyeshadow + Bourjois Foundation Photos/ Swatches
NYX Single Eyeshadow Black
Faces Eye Shine Single Eyeshadow 04 Black Review and Swatches
4 Colorbar Single Eyeshadow
Boots 17 Solo Eyeshadow Darkness
Active Cosmetics Eyeshadow
MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow Review, Swatch, FOTD