I am making two debuts with this review. First is trying out the brand, Innisfree, which has been praised multiple times on IMBB. And, second is using a cloth based gel mask. I had tried masks during facials at salons where they worked with cotton gauze. They were of a different consistency, felt heavy duty and would harden up on drying. This one looked more delicate and could be used conveniently at home. Do share your comments if there are more unique face masks that you have experienced at home/salons.
This hydro gel mask contains pure berry ingredients to transform puffy and dull skin into a clear and translucent complexion.
1. Exfoliating and whitening effects of pure berry complex
– Blueberry for sebum control
– Asai berry for moisturizing
– Raspberry for whitening
– Blackberry full of VitaminE
– Strawberry for soothing
Insert Image 2
2. Temperature-sensitive water soluble hydro gel[ patent no. 0506543]
– This gel-type sheet covers the skin closely and effectively delivers the active ingredients to your skin while melting down.
What else you need to know?
1. Catechin: Catechin is what gives green tea its distinctive taste
2. Jeju green complex Contains Jeju green tea, tangerine, prickly pear, camellia and orchid.
How to Use:
1. After cleansing, use the toner to even out the skin.
2. Take out the mask from the package and spread evenly on the face, avoiding the eyes and mouth.
3. Remove the sheet after 10~20 minutes and gently pat to allow the remaining formula to absorb into the skin
Water, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract,Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract,Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract,Orchid Extract, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Agar, Algin, Lactobacillus Ferment, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract,Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Arginine, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer
Use within 1 year of manufacturing. Date written at the outer edge of back of pack.
Singapore $2.5 or approx. INR 125/- for 25 gm(from Changi airport), Innisfree US website lists it at USD $3.
My Experience with Innisfree Berry Hydro Gel Mask:
Packaging: The outer pack contains the mask enveloped between similar shaped transparent plastic sheets. This is exactly how a mobile screen guard is secured, but dripping with liquid. The mask was split into two halves. The upper half was longer than the lower half. The upper half came till the nose and lower one just came in till the jaw end. I wish it covered the neck too. It was a messy affair to take it out and apply on face, juggling between the three sheets.
This is what the brand said about the mask:
1) Unbleached and non-fluorescence eco-friendly sheet.
2) Made with structurally undamaged cotton for smooth application.
3) The microhole structure of the cotton pad holds in the essence, having a good absorbing power.
I am surprised about one thing- the mask hardly felt like cotton. It felt like a very thin rubber mask. I have seen reviews of other Innisfree masks on IMBB, and this looked nothing like them.
Product: This is a slimy kind of transparent liquid that smells nice. I am not sure if it is absolutely like berry, but it’s pleasant. After you are finished applying the mask, you still have a handful of liquid leftover which can be spread over neck and décolletage. The fragrance faints by the time you finish applying the mask. The liquid leaves a slightly oily feel to hands and body after application and massaging.
Precaution while applying the mask:
1. Avoid using around the eye area.
2. Do not apply on a scar or any area of skin irritation, such as dermatitis and eczema.
3. If the following symptoms appear after using the product, stop using it. If the symptoms worsen, consult a dermatologist.
1) Red blotches, swellings, itchiness or irritation while using the product.
2) If the above symptoms appear when the skin is exposed to direct sunlight after using the product.
Usage and Results: I tested this mask at night, an hour before going to bed. I cleaned my face and applied the mask directly, skipping the toner. It covered my top half well, but could not stay intact on the tip of the nose. Also, a large area around my lips was also left uncovered. The mask is required to stay on for 10-20 mins, but I felt it was moist enough to sustain longer on my face.
Gradually it started coming off the face as it got drier and finally I took off the mask after 40 minutes. Everything was absorbed and there was nothing left to wipe off or massage on the face. The skin felt good and supple, but I feel the same after a regular pack too. So, I cannot attribute anything special to it.
I asked my husband to judge if there was a difference; he looked indecisive and came up with a simple “You look fresh!”. I was disappointed, but I don’t blame him. I too didn’t see any difference in my complexion or any additional brightening effect as this mask claims. I decided to put it to another test. I rinsed my face with water just before bed, applied lip balm, under eye gel and skipped toner, serum, night cream routine which I follow religiously.
Now, I must tell you about my skin before I give my final conclusion. Oily/Combination skin beauties will agree, if we skip the above routine, the day greets us with a very oily T zone and dull cheeks. By the time I gained senses in hte morning, I checked my forehead, ready to wipe off the oily layer. But, I was surprised! This had never happened before; not a single smear of oil! I checked my entire face and the only part which was not sufficiently covered by the mask was oily i.e. nose and around lips.
My skin still felt supple as it did last night. There was one more difference that I noticed. My skin looked brighter compared to my under eye area. Now, I am not sure whether I developed additional dark circles in one night or was there really some brightening effect!
Conclusion: I continued to test the effectiveness. I touched my face few times during the day and every time was greeted by the same suppleness. This doesn’t happen with me usually. And, I am amazed by this product. I want to stack it up as soon as I can get my hands on it.
Pros of Innisfree Berry Hydro Gel Mask:
• Stands true to its claim of hydration, sebum control, moisturizing and soothing.
• Partially stands true to its claim of brightening. However, no whitening effect.
• It helped me cut out three high end products in one go!
• I feel it may suit all skin types, but dry skin should supplement this with cream also(please read precautions, however).
• The results are not immediate, but they do take effect and lasts for few hours.
• Cost effective. As I have hardly seen anything that gives such a good effect at this price range.
• A very impressive list of ingredients.
Cons of Innisfree Berry Hydro Gel Mask:
• I am still wondering how this product could provide any exfoliation.
• Mask doesn’t cover the neck area. However, it’s a personal ask.
• Availability! *Sob sob*
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Innisfree Berry Hydro Gel Mask?
I will recommend it to all oily skinned beauties who need that intense moisturization which will not turn them into a fried BHATURA!
I would love to repurchase, but availability is a spoilsport here. I must ask someone travelling to South East Asia to hoard this for me next time!
Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion SPF34 PA ++
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Innisfree It’s Real Avocado Mask
Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum
Streetwear Color Rich Ultra Moist Lipstick – Berry Dreamy
Maybelline Baby Lips Berry Blast
Clean and Clear Morning Energy Face Wash – Brightening Berry
Purederm Cell Illuminating Hydro Pure Gel Mask
Purederm Age Defying Hydro Pure Gel Mask
Chambor White Brightening Gel Mask
Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask
Oriflame White Tea Extract Moisturizing Gel Mask