Skin Type: Combination
Today, I will be reviewing a lip balm from Innisfree. In India, Innisfree has two variants in the canola honey lip care range, namely, the “smooth care” variant and the “deep moisture” variant. For winters, I decided to pick the deep moisture variant. To know more about this product and how it fared for me, read on further.
$7 for 3.5 gm.
A moisturising lip balm with Jeju canola honey extract and canola seed oil that forms a layer of moisture on the lips to keep them smooth, supple and moisturized.
1. Fragrant, highly nourishing canola honey from the spring season of Jeju Island. Precious Canola Honey harvested from yellow canola flower gardens only in April provides the skin with nutrition, rich in flavonoids and protein, and a sweet fragrance feeling as if in the middle of a flower garden.
2. Jeju canola honey and seed formula forms a delicate moisture shield on the skin for honey luster skin. Canola extract with water-friendly properties replenishes the skin with deep water, while abundant unsaturated fatty acid strengthens the skin barrier, and canola seed oil forms a moisture shield for honey luster skin.
Contains Jeju canola honey extract and canola seed oil. Mango seed butter provides lips with moisture and suppleness. With the sweet fragrance of honey.
My Experience with Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Deep Moisture:
This lip balm comes housed in a cute little cardboard box with a combination of yellow and cream colours, which is reminiscent of honey. It also has a canola flower printed on it. The box makes it an apt item for gifting. It has information printed in Korean using environment-friendly soy ink. In addition to that, it also has an English label with all the information such as ingredients, price etc.
The actual lip balm has a complete off-white body. It is made of plastic, but seems to be quite strong. The lip balm has a twist-up mechanism, and the cap closes down with a click. It is a travel-friendly product. Overall, the packaging is efficient, but nothing too fancy. I actually like the minimalism.
This lip balm has a slightly transparent white colour. It reminds me of Vaseline, but much more moisturizing. Since it has no added fragrance, there is only a mild soft scent. It doesn’t have a particular flavour either, which is exactly what I wanted. I was looking for a lip balm that did not have added fragrance or colorants (basically, I wanted a break from Nivea, but was still moisturizing and long lasting.
Coming to the application of this product, it glides on effortlessly. When I am at home, I coat my upper and lower lips generously and go about doing my work. It transfers the right amount of balm in one swipe. During the rare touch ups, I only coat one lip and spread it to the other one, and it is enough to reinforce the moisture. I cannot say that this is not heavy, as I do feel like I have applied something. On its own, it gives sheen to the lips. After a while, the sheen goes away, but my lips stay incredibly soft.
I also apply it at night when I am not using my Dear Packer lip mask. This also works well with matte and semi-matte lipsticks. This is the best lip balm that I have used till date. Although I have not seen a significant change in the pigmentation of my lips, honey does have a natural lightening effect.
Pros of Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Deep Moisture:
- Contains no added fragrance.
- Enriched with green complex.
- Contains no added artificial colorants.
- Treats chapped lips overnight.
- Smoothes and moisturizes lips well.
- Sinks into the lips and provides lasting hydration.
- Need not be reapplied frequently if worn on its own.
- Sits well under matte lipsticks.
Cons of Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Deep Moisture:
- Slightly expensive for a lip balm.
- The bullet may be a bit too thick for some.
- I don’t believe it has SPF.
Would I Repurchase Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Deep Moisture?
Yes. I think this lip balm will last a good amount of time. I know I will be repurchasing this till I find a better one. If you are looking for a transparent, extremely moisturizing and nourishing lip balm, then this one is for you.
Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Smooth Care
Innisfree Canola Honey Capsule Recipe Pack
Dr Organic Manuka Honey Lip Balm
Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm
VLCC Daily Protect Honey Lip Balm
Labello Milk and Honey Lip Balm
Forest Essentials Lip Balm Kokum Butter and Honey
Soap and Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm Peaches n’ Cream
Lotus Herbal Lip Lush Tinted Lip Balm Rosy Rose Blush
Kama Ayurveda Rose Lip Balm
Maybelline Baby Lips Color Candy Rush Lip Balm Watermelon Pop