I bought this lip scrub along with the lip treatment from the same range from Innisfree. It must be evident by the several lip balms that I try and review that my biggest skin concern is my dark and pigmented lips and the dryness it suffers from. I try a lot of different lip balms because of my lips and most lip balms that I try are not hydrating enough for my lips and barely add any moisture to my lips. Also, my lips need exfoliation every other day because they get dry and flaky. Let’s see whether this Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub serves that purpose well or not.
A lip scrub that softly exfoliates dead skin and residue on your lips with fine walnut and coconut shell granules. Camellia oil and shea butter for moisturizing and softening your lips.
My Experience with Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub:
I have used a bunch of skincare products from Innisfree and so far, they have not disappointed me. I have a few more products that I will try and review soon. I have not dabbled with lip scrubs often because most don’t come in a tube packaging and I find jar packaging unsanitary. I have tried a few lip balms from Innisfree and so far, they have not fascinated me, but I still wanted to give this lip scrub a try.
The product comes in a tube packaging with a slant tip for easy application. The tube has a very basic appearance and serves its purpose well. The product has no fragrance and rightly so, because it most likely contains fragrance-free heavy oils. It has a heavy, mineral oil texture and I prefer that over petroleum jelly texture. This can be a disadvantage for some, but since my lips do not enjoy petroleum based products, I prefer the texture of this lip scrub over other drugstore lip scrubs.
I apply a small amount of this product on lips like a lip balm and then gently rub it for 30 seconds to 1 minute with a finger, as if drawing a circle, to exfoliate dead skin. I then wash off my lips with warm water. This lip scrub managed to remove dry and flaky debris from my lips. It has fine gritty particles in it which helps with exfoliation of skin. This scrub leaves my lips soft and smooth without drying them out, the way a wet towel does. It is essential not to go overboard with it or it might hurt our lips.
Pros of Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub:
- An affordable lip scrub, comes in a tube packaging which keeps it hygienic (this is a not the case with the lip scrubs that come in tub packaging).
- Lip balm is also available in the range.
- No fragrance, which works great for me.
- Does not have an unpleasant taste (in fact it has no taste whatsoever).
- Perfect for those who shy away from petroleum-based products.
- Does not make lips dry or leave them raw or bruised.
- It preps lips for lipstick application and product applies better on well-exfoliated lips.
- Can be used as a skin care step underneath a lipstick.
Cons of Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub:
- With Korean products, availability can be an issue for some (there are third party sellers’ who sell Korean brands).
- The product will run out soon with regular use.
I do recommend this scrub to all those who suffer from dark, flaky lips and need to exfoliate their lips regularly. It preps lips for lipstick application and makes application easier.
Innisfree Moisture Lip Treatment
Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Smooth Care
Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Deep Moisture
Innisfree Tapping Lip Concealer
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm
EOS Sphere Lip Balm Vanilla Bean
Skinfood Avocado and Olive Lip Balm
Jeffree Star Velour Lip Scrub Strawberry Gum
Forest Essentials Cane Sugar Lip Scrub
The Nature’s Co Lychee Lip Scrub
Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub with Almond Oil For Soft Lips