Hola Bonitas :))
How was your Valentine’s Day gals? I am excited and happy to say that mine was super surprising with both emotional and funny moments. Really, there is no greater blessing than to love and be loved 😛 I feel it is very important to express our feelings as it helps in keeping the spark alive, and also keeping us fit and happy, what say? Anyway, keeping the spirit of love in air, I am sharing my next gift from IMBB which is as romantic as the weather down here today. It is a warm pink brown lipstick-gloss-balm err stain from It Cosmetics. Please read on further to know more about It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in 4 in 1 reviver “Love Story.”
Before I start my review, let me give a brief introduction about It cosmetics: IT Cosmetics founder Jamie Kern Lima works with leading plastic surgeons to develop innovative, high-performance color cosmetics infused with the latest breakthroughs in anti-aging technology. In her own words: “Innovative Technology Is “It” High Performance , Skin-Loving Problem-Solutions.” IT Cosmetics works with leading plastic surgeons to infuse cutting edge anti-aging technology into truly innovative, high performance color cosmetics that not only solve problems but also make women look and feel their most beautiful!
$20 for 0.11 Oz (3.4 g), price excludes shipping and taxes.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Jojoba Esters, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Prunus Cerasus (Bitter Cherry) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410:1).
About Vitality Lip Flush:
Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Natural Anti-Aging Lipstick Stains take the place of four products; your lipstick, anti-aging conditioning lip balm, ultra-hydrating lip gloss, and lip stain all in one! This truly innovative, yet all natural formula contains IT Cosmetics Hydra-Luxe Technology includes ingredients such as plum oil, cherry oil, shea butter, aloe and jojoba that all work together to treat, hydrate, condition, and nourish your lips, minimizing the appearance of lip lines and wrinkles. Plus Vitality Lip Flush is packed with anti-aging anti-oxidants including Vitamins A, C, E, Acai, Green Tea and White Tea to protect and ward off free-radicals all day long. Talc, paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, and phthalate free. Hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic.
This 4 in 1 reviver lip stain comes in classy metallic silver bullet packing with retractable base. Let me tell you it’s smell is not for me. I just dislike the smell, but other than that, full marks for its metallic, smart, and travel-friendly packing. It cosmetics reviver lip stains are available in 4 different shades – Damsel, Love Story, Pretty Woman, and Je ne sais quoi which looks brown or milky in the bullet, but surprisingly, they all turn out to be baby pink or deep pink shades on lips respectively. I picked “Love Story” from this range because the other 3 shades are either too light or too dark for my taste.
My Experience with It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4 in 1 Reviver – Love Story:
Didn’t I tell you its name is totally awesome “Love Story,” and the shade is equally cute – a deep pink brownish shade with cream glossy finish. However, it looks totally opposite in the bullet – a deep brown lip stain that I would have never picked up unless for swatching on the lips or hands. Looks are really deceiving some times! This hot shade is an all-time favorite of everyone, isn’t it? It will compliment almost every fair/medium beauty of any age group, preferably young women in their 20s-30s as per my observation.
Coming over to the texture, it is really creamy and slathers like melted butter; however, it cannot beat our regular lip balms to be honest. I should clear that this particular reviver claims to serve 4 purposes, i.e., healing lips like a balm, sheer to full color payoff like a lip color, glossy shine like a gloss and ultimately leaving behind a deep stain after fading away from lips. So, out of all four concerns, I guess it more or less serves 3 concerns well, but since nowadays, we do see a lot more stuff from Maybelline and L’Oreal, which also work similar to this reviver hence I do not think its unbeatable or a winner product. I do love its color payoff, which gives a sheer glossy tint in one swipe and full creamy coverage in hardly 2-3 swipes without feathering or settling in fine lines. I must say it is multidimensional in terms of pigmentation, for I can use it as a light pinkish brown lip tint during day time in just one swipe and if I need to wear it at night, all I need is to layer it on and voila, I am ready with deep pink brown pigmented glossy lips, but I miss my balm beneath this lip stain as it tends to fade after 6-8 hours and leaves a stubborn pink stain which does not comes off without makeup remover.
The good aspect is its glossy juicy finishing, which remains as such for 4-5 hours with light snacks and water sips thereby tending to give a creamy lip color finish and finally leaving behind a stubborn pink stain which stays 6-8 hours in general. However, with traditional Indian dinners, its glossy and deep pigmented finish comes off easily in just one wash or a swipe of paper napkin leaving behind a pink stain which looks fine though, but I need touch ups any way for it does not cover patches of my lips 😛 Needless to say, it has a pretty long lasting power with glossy juicy shine and amazing pigmentation which is highly flexible and best feature for me. However, it works best on non-pigmented soft lips.
I noticed that as long as this reviver stays on my lips, I do not feel any irritation and even if it comes off after several hours, I do not feel any kind of dryness or chapped lips for another couple of hours provided my lips are well scrubbed and in good condition. I have noticed that it also works fine on dry, scaly lips with non feathering and opaque finishing. It does not accentuate/irritate chapped skin or treat them. I may say that it smooths and works on fine lines for my lips do feel youthful for a few hours after it comes off; however, I am clueless over its claim to diminish wrinkles. Overall, I see that it is great for messy mums like me because it saves my time and more or less serves all concerns provided my lips are in good condition, but considering its limited choice and now we have many alternatives from L’Oreal Extraordinaire and Maybelline lip polishes which are more or less on par with this lip reviver, I may skip it.
I would recommend it to all gals who look for an alternative for creamy lipstick/gloss and who are more into lipstick-stain phase because I am in a gloss phase these days, hence I personally prefer L’Oreal and Maybelline innovations, which are slightly cheaper and more glossy in finish.
Let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4 in 1 Reviver – Love Story:
- An amazing innovative blend of lip color, gloss, lip stain and lip balm to treat, heal and groom lips in one go.
- A beautiful deep pink brown shade which instantly brightens up skin tone.
- It is suitable for all fair/medium skin tones of all age groups.
- It claims to contain plum oil, cherry oil, jojoba, shea and aloe which work together to treat, heal, condition and minimize appearance of fine lines and wrinkles which seems true up to some extent.
- It is also packed with anti-ageing anti-oxidants such as vitamin A, C and E apart from white tea, green tea and acai extract to ward off and protect against free radicals.
- Lasts long, up to 6-8 hours with glossy and juicy finishing on lips.
- It gives amazing spectrum of color payoff from sheer to full coverage on my lips.
- Even if it fades away, it leaves behind a pink stain which looks fine.
- As long as it stays on the lips, it nourishes and hydrates skin.
- Even if it fades away, lips feel conditioned for a few hours.
- Talc, paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, and phthalate free formula.
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
- Cruelty free, no animal testing.
- Classy metallic and travel-friendly packaging at relatively fair deal.
Cons of It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4 in 1 Reviver – Love Story:
- It may not treat chapped, scaly lips, hence it would not replace the traditional lip balms.
- It is not 100% natural.
- The finish is creamy and juicy, hence gloss loving beauties may feel slightly disappointing.
- It has a weird smell, which I cannot tolerate.
- It works well as a lip color-gloss on pigmented lips; however, once it comes off, we do need reapplication.
- Limited shade choice as of now.
- It may not beat L’Oreal or Maybelline’s innovative formulas which work more or less in a similar way and are slightly cheaper and also have a variety of shades available. Also, give a glossy finish.
- I must say I am more into glosses, hence it is not my oh-so favorite right now. Moreover, it is only available in pink shades (rest of the shades are also pink more or less) and we need a variety in our lipsticks, hence I feel I may not choose other options though it is a pretty good deal for me. Once I settle down with my gloss love, I am definitely using it more often for sure. In short, it is pretty good stuff depending upon your choice.
BH Cosmetics 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette
BH Cosmetics Foundation Primer
Precious Ingredients in Cosmetics
Faces Cosmetics Smokey Eye Palette Review, Swatches, EOTD
Adidas Natural Vitality Deodorant Spray
Adidas Natural Vitality Eau De Toilette
Maybelline Baby Lips Coral Flush, Cherry Kiss
Maybelline Baby Lips – Anti-oxidant Berry
Best Lip Tints To Choose From
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
Hard Candy First Flush Make-up Kit
VMV Hypoallergenics Cheeky Gorgeous – Flush Blush
Vega 4 in 1 Foot Scrubber
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
Olay 4-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths
The Body Shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo
Lakme Lip Love Lipstick – Coral Care
Victoria’s Secret Sheer Love Eau de Toilette
I Love Strawberries and Milkshake Moisturising Body Lotion
Victoria’s Secret Endless Love Fragrance Mist
Victoria’s Secret Sheer Love Deep Softening Body Butter