WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Face cleansers and lip balms always make a large part of my Korean skincare purchases. I love to try out a variety of face cleansers and face washes and repurchase those that I love the most. During my last Korean skincare haul, I bought foam cleansers by various brands which were okay to use but not worth purchasing. Hence, to my recent Korean haul, I added gel-based face washes. A few days ago, I had reviewed Innisfree Broccoli Gel Cleanser and in this post, I am reviewing a gel cleanser by the brand “It’s Skin.”
My Experience with It’s Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Gel:
The product comes in a tube packaging – it is pale green in color and can stand upright in my bathroom skin cabinet. The size of the tube is 150ml and has a flip cap to dispense product when the tube is squeezed. The product is dispensed in a clear gel form (it has a faint green hue) which lathers up when mixed with water.
My biggest concern about Korean skincare products is that very few of them disclose their ingredient list in English. I have one less con about this product since the ingredient list is clearly disclosed in English on the back side of the tube. I have been using this face wash once daily for the past one week. So fa, it has not caused any harsh damages to my skin such as acne breakout or sudden appearance of pimples.
It is a mild and gentle cleanser with a very subtle fragrance which is hard to pin point (maybe it is green tea aroma). In one go, it does not leave my face as clean as I desire especially when I am trying to get rid of residual makeup. I have to wash my face twice to get rid of all the makeup and residual oil from the cleansing balms. It is satisfying to note that it doesn’t dry out my skin or give that stretchy feeling to skin as most face washes do, although third ingredient onwards it is rife with chemicals (mostly alcohol based).
This face wash contains green tea extracts which have a calming effect on skin. It also contains grapefruit and cane sugar extract (not sure what is the significance of the later in a skin care product). It has a thick gel like texture and when mixed with a few drops of water it lathers up nicely. Overall, I am impressed with this product and do advice others to try it out, especially on days we don’t wear makeup.
Pros of It’s Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Gel:
- An affordable face wash, which comes in a decent 150 ml size tube.
- The packaging is easy to store (can be kept upright in the cabinet) and is travel friendly, leak proof.
- This product is thick, like aloe vera gel and has a faint green hue to it.
- Very subtle, natural fragrance (although doesn’t smell of green tea).
- Does not make my skin super dry, does not rob it off moisture.
- Removes dirt, makeup and clears out pores (although has to be used twice to remove all the residual makeup and face oil).
- Contains green tea extract which has calming effect on skin.
- Ingredient list is provided on the packaging in English (very rare for Korean products).
Cons of It’s Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Gel:
- Availability can be an issue for some but some Korean websites do ship to India as well.
- Does not remove residual makeup in one go, and after first rinse, I have to wash my face again.
This face wash, like other Korean face wash that I have tried in the past has not let me down. It is an affordable face wash which performs well. It comes in a decent size tube, does not make my skin dry like the usual drugstore face wash but it does not remove all the dirt and residual makeup in the first rinse and has to be used at least twice to get clean face.