Jovees Honey and Grape Hand and Body Lotion was the first purchase I ever made from the house of Jovees. Actually, I was looking for a mild body lotion that would take care of after-bath dryness in an effective way, without making my skin feel greasy or sweaty. As I was browsing through the cosmetics and beauty products section in a Big Bazaar outlet a few months back, this particular body lotion attracted my attention. Somehow, instinctively, I felt that the product would be able to take care of my needs and this is how, I ended up buying Jovees Honey and Grape Hand and Body Lotion.
What Does The Product Claim?
To quote from what is printed on the bottle, the ‘Jovees Hand And Body Lotion is specially formulated to protect skin from harmful effects of tap water, synthetic soaps and harsh weather conditions. It is a unique blend of Honey, Almond oil, Wheat Germ oil, Aloe Vera and Grape ext. This lotion does not disappear or evaporate after application. The natural oils, emollients and herbal extracts are easily absorbed in the skin to protect and keep it soft, smooth and fresh for hours.’
Methods Of Use:
As specified in the ‘method of use’ section, it should be applied all over body and hands after bath and left on.
Honey, Aloe Vera ext, Grape ext, Almond Oil. (The complete list of ingredients is not provided)
Rs 240 for 200 ml.
It is best when used within three years from the date of manufacture.
My Experience with Jovees Hand and Body Lotion:
To be very specific, my experience has been a satisfying one. Though it is not possible for me to ensure or measure how far it has been efficient in protecting the skin from the harmful effects of tap water, synthetic soaps and harsh weather conditions (as claimed by the product), it is successful in making my body feel moisturized the whole day. I also like the mild, lingering smell that the body lotion has. Even during summers, my skin is in need of a moisturizing formula and this lotion is excellent in keeping my skin soft and hydrated without making it feel greasy or sticky. The lotion is required only in a small quantity. For instance, the top button has to be pressed once, gently and the quantity got therein, would be sufficient for catering to one of my hands, from the palms to the elbows. The consistency is just perfect; it is neither too thick nor too runny.
What I Liked About Jovees Hand and Body Lotion (Pros):
• It is suitable for all skin types. So, it has a universal appeal and everybody can try it out without having to consider individual skin types.
• The list of active ingredients is really tempting with all natural extracts and oils.
• It does not make the skin feel sweaty and oily. The lotion is absorbed into the skin nicely.
• The product is quite affordable at Rs. 240 for a bottle of 200 ml.
• The shelf-life is long stretched with a tenure of three years.
• It is needed in little amounts at the time of application.
• The bottle looks good with a predominant white base with shades of green here and there.
• There is a top-press button (similar to the ones one finds in face mist and spray toner bottles) that makes it easy for the user to get only the required amount of lotion. The top button has to be pressed to obtain the lotion as needed. This helps to do away with any kind of wastage.
• The top button is protected by a transparent cap; this makes the bottle travel friendly. The packaging makes it very convenient to carry and to use.
• The fragrance is very mild and pleasing to the senses.
• The lotion is easy to apply; one does not need to rub it vigorously.
• Although, the bottle seems to be opaque apparently, it is better to describe it as “translucent verging on being opaque.” Thus, how far the lotion has been used up can be understood without any problem.
• Lastly, it is a cost effective option as you get a unique combination of body lotion and hand lotion in the very same product.
What I Did Not Like About Jovees Hand and Body Lotion (Cons):
• The complete list of ingredients is absent. Only the list of active ingredients is mentioned.
• It is mild and if one has very dry skin, it may not be suitable for that person, especially during winters.
Will I Repurchase It?
Yes; of course I will!
Avon Sparkling Cherry Blossom Hand and Body Lotion
Avon Peach Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel
Enchanteur Moisture Silk Hand & Body Lotion (Romantic)
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion
The Body Shop Almond Oil Daily Hand and Nail Cream
Vaseline Healthy Hand and Nail Lotion
Anatomicals Hand and Foot Cream
Lush Dream Cream
Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea
Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Review
Vaseline Healthy White Review
Lush Sympathy For Skin
Enchanteur Moisture Silk