Hello the lovelies at imbb!
Today’s review is about this awesome product I’ve been using for the past 2 months. It is the khadi scrub silver moon (with sandal). Whenever I go to khadi I feel like buying everything from there. The ‘being Indian’ factor takes over. It reminds me of the ford slogan used in America which says be American buy American; I’d say be Indian buy Indian. with so much depth and so many secrets of herbal and organic remedies for each and every possible skin problem or enhancement out there in our Vedas I do not understand why people like us drift towards the usage of high end products which are not only expensive like but also are more chemically composed.
I realized it later but I always come down to using herbal stuff and look for herbal and less complex ingredients with no preservatives. For example, tea tree oil which had a very strong mention in a book titled kitchen shelf goodies or something like that. Nowadays, we find brands like the body shop, bath and body works, and even proactive using a certain amount of tea tree oil for aroma and antiseptic purpose.
So ladiessss, when we stay in Indyeah whyyy would we not use OUR own best stuff available. Believe me it works! it does after all it involves more extensive research and pureness than we can ever imagine today’s products would deliver to us! One more example I am tempted to give is of neem! Today everything is going back to neem- neem face wash, face packs and what not.
Ok, so here is something about the scrub after all my blabber, rest i’ll put in the pros section
Indication: It helps to remove scars, blemishes and dead epithelial cells, An ideal choice for pores cleansing.
Method of use : Rub the scrub on face, elbow & neck gently with finger tips in circular motion for 5-6 min. and clean with moist cotton. Don’t rub on acne and pimples.
Ingredients : Prunus Puddum, Rosa alba, Santalum Album, Ash of Zincum, Silver Scrub, Juglans regia, Mineral Oil, Preservative, Purified Water.
As far as khadi silver moon scrub goes am going to list the pros and cons right here
Thumbs Up for Khadi Scrub Silver Moon:
- First and foremost it is very affordable for students like me who cannot go out and really shop for their skincare stuffs in the mall often it is something u can buy real cheap and stock up and even use on your body if you do not like it on your face
- The price was I think, Rs 125 or so or around the price tag got off as it has been siting on my bathroom shelf for long and I’ve used it too much.
- A bottle will last you for well 3 months usage of twice a week standard
- It is a boon for dry skinned ladies,because of north India winters i was looking for an exfoliation product which would not over dry my skin or give me that stretchy feeling,it totally dint make it bad
- My skin is combination which turns to be a lil on teh drier side in winters.
- Can be used on sensitive skin.
- The granules do not hurt as in some other scrubs i have used
- It is sort of cream based.
- It seems to contain all herbal ingredients apart from mineral oil.
- 210 mls for 125 rs is great
- Khadi products are very widely available. I bought this one from the CP store in New Delhi
- As far as I know there are 2 khadi stores in CP itself.
- Shopping from the khadi ashram gives me a different kind of high. I have a feeling of money well spent and not just profiting some international cosmetic giant 🙂
Thumbs Down for Khadi Scrub Silver Moon
- Contains MINERAL OIL 🙁
- Umm me being from a small town have to go to a city like Delhi to purchase
- I have two khadi stores in my town itself but not all khadi stores stock all khadi products
- Does a pretty good exfoliating job ,without leaving the skin dry but i do not know if it works on blackheads or not because I do not have any 🙂
- Sometimes when the scrub is half used it is difficult to get it out of the bottle
- Wish khadi had some cute packaging like pink or coloured bottles rather than these. (lol girls would always be girls no matter even if it’s khadi)
OVER all I’d rate this baby :-* :-* :-* :-* for the effect it had and one less for non availability and boring bottle.
Have you tried Khadi Scrub Silver Moon? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
- Khadi Peeling Scrub Gel Kesar Review
- Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque Review
- Khadi Peeling Scrub with Aloe Vera review
- Khadi Pure Rose Water Review