WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How is Monsoon treating you all in your cities? In Delhi, it’s pretty bad. We hardly get to see any showers. Clouds become so dense in the morning itself, it feels like it is going to rain anytime but then they remain like that till afternoon and once the picnic is over they go back without raining. Anyhow I would not bore you guys with my churlish blabbering.
Coming to today’s review, it is a calendula toner from the famous brand Kiehl’s. For those who do not know, Calendula is a bright orange marigold flower which all of you must have seen in your lifetime and it is a great herb for skincare. Without making you guys wait till end of this review, let me claim that this is one of the best toners both for oily/sensitive and dry skin. Confused?? How can a product be good both for the oily and dry skin. Read on to know more about it.
Product Info:An effective, alcohol-free facial toner
• Gently cleanses and soothes normal to oily skin types
• Contains no alcohol or harsh synthetic drying agents
• May be used to soothe and improve problem areas
• A customer favorite
Price: $21 for 4.2 floz (40 ml)…expensive..huh!
How to Apply: Moisten a sterile cotton pad with facial toner, and apply to skin in areas where needed, avoiding the eye area
Cool Kiehl’s Fact: The calendula petals in our unique formula are still inserted by hand in the Kiehl’s apothecary tradition to assure the most efficacious formula
• Allantoin is a compound that is found in Comfrey Root. The comfrey plant is a hairy perennial Eurasian herb long used in herbal medicine. Known to be a bacteria inhibitor, Allantoin can soothe and reduce inflammation in various product formulations.
• Calendula is extracted as oil from the common marigold flower. Its mild properties make it ideal for use on all oily skin types including sensitive skin. Soothes skin and is especially beneficial for delicate skin.
• Great Burdock is a gentle, natural ingredient known for centuries to help improve dry skin
My Experience with Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner:
The toner comes in a very cute cylindrical bottle with a dispensing flip top cap and is very handy. I carry it around all the time in my handbag. The toner is of amber (light dull orange) in color and glistens through sunlight…I just love it. It has typical water consistency and does not smell too overpowering. The toner has real calendula flower petals in it and the petals are completely submerged in the toner. I was really impressed to see those petals floating in that beautiful amber gold liquid. I put some on a cotton pad and then apply on my face, you can spray it also (it is equally effective and leads to less wastage).
This toner claims to be suitable for normal to sensitive skin but I think it works perfect on dry skin too as it does not make the skin dry at all after applying infact your skin feels hydrated. It tones my skin perfectly without leaving it dry and I have normal to combination skin. It even removes the last traces of dirt but would not work on stubborn makeup and impurities.
This is an alcohol free toner and is a big heads up for me but it is not completely chemical free as it contains parabens. It has all the goodness of pure herbal extracts of calendula and other herbal roots. I love it to every bit as it not only tones but is also effective in reducing the size of pores with continuous usage. Overall it is a great alcohol free toner which is a bit heavy on the wallet but worth of every penny.
Pros of Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner:
• Contains real petals of calendula flowers
• Beautiful amber color
• Nice travel friendly packing
• Alcohol free
• Perfect for both oily and dry skin
• Does not dry out skin
• Skin feels hydrated after application
• Effective in reducing the size of pores
Cons of Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner:
• Not available in India
• Very expensive
• Contains Parabens
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Kiehl’s Crème De Corps Review
Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Review
Kiehl’s Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser Review
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser Review
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Review
Kiehl’s Creme De Corps Lightweight Body Lotion Review
Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1
Kiehl’s Creme De Corps Lightweight Body Lotion