By Alka Rao
Skin tone: medium with yellow undertones
Skin type: combination, oily around the T-zone
I was searching for a good daytime moisturiser for my combination skin and saw that Kiko Milano has this skincare range which makes products for combination and oily skin types. So, I just went ahead and bought this gel-cream. It was one of the best decisions I made for my skin. I cannot stop talking about this product and I am even considering taking one from here when I go back to India, for my mom. So, let’s see what makes Kiko Milano Shine Refine Day Sebum-Balancing Gel-Cream so amazing.
Price: $20 (€18.95) for 50 mL
• Sebum-balancing gel-cream. Helps eliminate excess oil and reduce shine*, minimizing the appearance of enlarged pores*, moisturizing with long-lasting results*, and leaves the skin looking healthy and smooth with a matte finish. Perfects make-up performance**.
• The product contains salicylic acid and other specific ingredients with their purifying properties. The formula also contains Actiglow, a revolutionary cosmetic advancement that enhances the skin’s beauty.
• The cool gel cream is easily absorbed and instantly makes the skin feel wonderful. The result? Moisturized and radiant skin with a matte finish.
• Delicately scented with lily of the valley and cucumber.
• Ideal for combination to oily skin.
• Dermatologically tested.
*Results of clinical-instrumental tests conducted on 20 women who used Shine Refine Day for 28 days
**In vivo test conducted on 20 women who used Shine Refine Day for 28 days
How to Use:
Apply morning and evening to clean skin after applying Shine Refine Tonic. If there are blemishes on the skin, first apply Shine Refine Spot and then the gel cream.
My Experience with Kiko Milano Shine Refine Day Sebum-Balancing Gel-Cream:
The product comes in a traditional glass tub; it is quite sturdy. The green lid on the top is securely locked into its place. As soon as I opened the lid, there was this white plastic thing separating the product and the lid; this makes it a bit travel-friendly.
I now know what a gel-cream consistency is supposed to look like, thanks to this product. So, when you scoop it out, it looks like a cream, but when you blend it out, it’s like a very lightweight gel. It has a subtle scent and I love it. The scent is not overpowering but feels gentle enough for your skin and it lingers throughout the day.
The formula is magical when you start blending it out. It feels very wet and hydrating, but after 2-3 minutes, it sets to this matte look (but it is still very hydrating). Your skin feels radiant and hydrated instantly.
Now, the first day I used this product, oil started to show around after 4 hours and I was so stumped and felt like I have wasted my money. But I continued using the product for 4-5 days and the sebum production on my skin was very much controlled. The oil is not gone completely but is very much under control.
I also started incorporating it into my CTM routine at night and I no longer wake up with an oily T-zone but a very hydrated skin. I use this product to prepare my T-zone for makeup too. It’s so amazing that it makes all these greasy makeup formulas non-greasy and my makeup stays much longer because of the controlled sebum production in my T-zone. That’s how good the formula is!
With regular use, the product keeps you hydrated and gives you a nice non-oily skin throughout the day. Now the product has salicylic acid, so I never use it without any SPF product on top, just to be safe.
The product doesn’t claim this, but with regular use, the breakouts on my skin have started to dry out. This is expected because there’s lesser oil on the skin now. It hasn’t helped me yet in minimizing my pores, but I think I will give it more time.
Pros of Kiko Milano Shine Refine Day Sebum-Balancing Gel-Cream:
• The perfect moisturiser for oily and combination skin types in summer
• Hydrating and controls sebum production with the regular use
• Makes greasy makeup formulas non-greasy
• Works like a very good primer
• Pleasant fragrance
• Breakouts dry out with regular use
• Lasts throughout the day
Cons of Kiko Milano Shine Refine Day Sebum-Balancing Gel-Cream:
• Expensive (but worth it!)
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Would I Recommend Kiko Milano Shine Refine Day Sebum-Balancing Gel-Cream?
Yes, go and get it if you have oily and combination skin types.
Would I Repurchase Kiko Milano Shine Refine Day Sebum-Balancing Gel-Cream?
Kiko Milano Precision Eye Pencil 300 Black
Kiko Milano Definition Waterproof Eyeliner
Kiko Glitter Eyeliner #02 Silver
Kiko Milano Universal Fit Hydrating Foundation
Kiko Milano Face 105 Flat Foundation Brush
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturizer
Faces Canada Sheer Radiance Liquid Foundation
Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream Gel Moisturiser
Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme
VLCC Acne Control Clove Massage Gel