They call belly fat stubborn for a reason – it refuses to budge even with all multiple rounds of crunches and huffing and puffing doing cardio. Belly fat results from bad dietary choices, eating a high-calorie diet, leading a sedentary lifestyle, allowing stress to run the show, and also due to sleep deprivation. Belly fat can also increase one’s risk for type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and high blood pressure. There’s are a lot of things you can do to get rid of belly fat – by following my diet program on Rati Beauty app, avoiding transfat, eliminating sugar completely, and cutting down on processed food, and leading an active lifestyle. Rather than spending a lot of money on fat-burner pills, we would advise you to explore your kitchen where you can find amazing fat burners, all natural with absolutely no side effects. Some of these natural fat burners target belly fat by boosting metabolism while some others have thermogenic properties and torch up stored fat. While there’s no silver bullet to target belly fat, these ingredients help in their own way to burn a lot of calories, boost metabolism, and help the body target stored fat, particularly around the belly area. So, here’s the list:
1. Ginger: This one is a serious bloat killer! It gets rid of cramping and improves digestion as well, that’s why it’s a part of so many detox drinks. Ginger is a thermogenic food, Improves metabolism, has antioxidant properties, and the compound gingerol reduces oxidative stress. Regular consumption of ginger has been found to reduce waist circumference.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar has been found to improve metabolism and prevent fat accumulation. In a Japanese double blind trial, regular intake of vinegar was found to reduce overall body weight and belly fat as well.
3. Garlic: It is believed that having two to three garlic pods on an empty stomach first thing in the morning can burn belly fat. A study published in the journal of nutrition found that garlic can stimulate the fat-burning process and boost metabolism as well.
4. Turmeric: This amazing spice is full of goodness, is a natural antibiotic, is anti-inflammatory in nature, with thermogenic properties (torches up calories). It improves insulin resistance as well. A study done at Tufts university found that the compound “curcumin” in turmeric suppresses fat accumulation and also helps to convert white fat into brown fat.
5. Chilli Pepper: A compound known as capsaicin found in chilli pepper, jalapenos, and even capsicum, has thermogenic properties, improve metabolism, and some even say that it’s a secret belly fat-burner ingredient.
6. Coffee: Now, there’s another reason to look forward to that steaming cup of coffee. A study conducted by Holland and Barrett shows that caffeine can help burn belly fat. It showed that coffee increases metabolic rate for up to three hours. But make sure you skip the sugar and creamer in your cup.
7. Egg: High on protein, essential nutrients, vitamins, and healthy fats, egg is a superfood that you should include in your daily diet, irrespective of whether you want to lose weight or not. Having eggs in breakfast would keep you fuller for longer, boost metabolism, curb appetite, and the protein and fat content would fuel the fat-burning process. There’s also vitamin D in eggs, whose deficiency has been found to increase in waist circumference.
8. Cheese: Is there anyone who does not like the gooey goodness of cheese? Well, cheese, particularly ricotta cheese, has two nutrients that have been found to target belly fat – vitamin D and calcium. Research shows that vitamin D and calcium-rich breakfast increases the rate at which fat is burned over the next two meals!
9. Tofu: Rich in protein and calcium as well, tofu is something that can help target belly fat as well as overall fat. A high-protein diet can work wonders in your weight loss journey – boosting metabolism, burning a lot of calories, curbing appetite too. Talking about calcium, for quite a long time, people thought the only one function that calcium has in a human body is to help build healthy and strong bones. But there are a whole lot of things that calcium can do and one of those things will get you mighty interested – calcium can help burn belly fat.
10. Yogurt: You need to have yogurt in your diet – it has protein, probiotics that keep the gut bacteria happy, and of course calcium that helps target belly fat. Then, there’s also calcium, which the experts say, if there is adequate calcium, that cell will burn more fat. That’s a lot of research to show calcium helps burn fat. Diets that are high in calcium are associated with reduced rates of being obese. If one takes the recommended daily intake of calcium, there are less chances of that person developing belly fat. Calcium also suppresses appetite, lowering hunger sensations by 12%.
Summing up, though certain foods help to target stored fat, do make sure you are eating within the calorie deficit, getting enough sleep, and following an active lifestyle. The combination of all these factors will bring about transformation and help in getting rid of the belly fat as well.