KNOW YOUR STYLE-PREPPY,ROCKERCHIC OR BOHEMIAN?
I agree, you do have a style of your own.
High pony tail, a pearl chain and some lip gloss might be your style, but didn’t ever get influenced by anyone, when you were young?
Everyone does have his/ her own style and everyone always will.
All of us have our own fashion icons and idols who we try to ape. Not literally APE , but some of us at least try to take some ideas from them.
No , I wouldn’t call you a “WANNABE” if you did that, because if I had to , I would have to call the whole world so 🙂
Today I am going to be talking about , different style / styles we adopt :
The preppy girl
To achieve this look you need :
- Minimal makeup in Nude shades.
- Don’t go overboard.
- Apply minimum makeup or maybe natural looking makeup.
- Nude eyeshadows, Baby pink eyeshadows go well with this look.
- A nude lipgloss with a hint of pink won’t harm your look.
- This style is for people who want to achieve classy, polished and “Oh I am sophisticated B-)” kind of a look.
The biggest example of a preppy look would be “Blaire waldorf” from gossip girl.
When it comes to clothes, you may have to opt for something that isn’t that bright. Opt for shades like bottle green,brown,dark blue, white etc. Do not go for neon colours.
Although it doesn’t harm in using a few bright colours carefully like red or yellow.
Accessories should be minimal. A headband can help you a lot or maybe a Vintage look a-like hairclip.
Your hair can be straight or curly. But do not keep it messy. Tie it into a bun or may be have loose curls.
THE ROCKER CHIC LOOK :
You will need:
- Some confidence
- Dark eye makeup
- Most of your clothes should be black
- Some black/red nail paint
Rocker chic look is a complete opposite of the above preppy look.
- You will need some dark kajal eye pencil to prep up your eyes or you can do the Smokey eye look.
About the clothing :
- Wear everything black.Leather jackets go well with this.
- Black stockings play a very important role.
- Wear a white tank and layer it up with a Black leather jacket and some chunky necklaces.
- Pair it up with boots or shocking pink converse.
- Layer your clothes with a lot of long chains and wear a lot of braceletes
Who cares about your hair now? Haha!
- Bed-head look suits this look the BEST.
- Keep it messy!
- Get out of the bed and do not comb your hair .You’re done! 😀
- Or put some effort and make it look messy.
The whole point of this look is that-You should look rugged and People should come up to you and ask “Hey!How was the gig?” 😛
The Bohemian Babe:
When I think about the bohemian look, all that comes to my mind is “COMFORT” Comfort plays a very important role here. Bohemian look is a very laid back and casual. I would suggest everyone to go for a boho-chic look rather than a complete bohemian one.Because a complete bohemian one might make you look like a beggar 😛 ,you want that? Hahah!
Dresses and tops with flower patterns on them,Peasant type tops, skirts etc. Bohemian clothes tend to be loose and feminine, with ruffles and layers.
- Wear boots-Flat ones.
- Wear flats-which has an ankle tie to it .
Wear a lot of chunky bangles and necklaces.
The main aim of the Bohemian look is to give you a EARTHY FEEL . :_
Keep your hair messy but feminine 🙂 ,it should look effortless [ALTHOUGH YOU MIGHT HAVE SPENT 2 HOURS DOING IT HAHAH!]
There are many sub-categories to these looks . But you think i am going to mention all that?
Okay so I want to add that, everyone has their own style and we do tend to adopt some tips from others. But it’s best to be known for your own style 😉 RIGHT?
YOU CAN BE THE NEXT STYLE ICON! :O
Hope this helped you guys 😉