Skin Type: Dry and occasionally acne-prone
Skin Tone: Fair with neutral undertones
I am a sucker of cute and pretty makeup stuff and especially a bigger fan of eyeshadows since I am obsessed with eye makeup. Today, I am back with eyeshadow reviews after a while and this time I bought a few eyeshadow palettes from the brand, LA Colors. They are quite girly and I instantly fell in love with these cute babies the moment I saw them online. Today I will be talking about L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette in the shade “Earthy”. Keep reading to know my verdict.
Six color coordinated shades accent eyes with vibrant color. Long wearing formula glides on smoothly and blends easily. Applicator included.
My Experience with L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Earthy:
L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette has recently launched in 4 different variants- In the nude, Earthy, Charming and Delicate. The colour selection in each of the mini eyeshadow palettes is very pretty and is worth the hype. I got 3 of these palettes and left the ‘In the Nude’ variant since I have a good collection of nude palettes.
Packaging: This eye shadow palette comes in a rectangular white coloured mini container and has a total of 6 rectangular eye shadow pans in it. The packaging is quite sleek and the container is covered by a transparent flip-cover with the brand name written on the top of the cover. The flip cover shuts tight in its place. The palette looks very attractive from outside and is travel-friendly as well. All the ingredient details and the shade name are written on the back face of the black container in white font. The palette also comes with its own applicator but unfortunately it is not of much use to me. I prefer using my Eyeshadow brushes to do the eye makeup. Overall, the packaging is petite yet very pretty.
Shade and Pigmentation: The shade “Earthy” is a beautiful palette which has mix of nudes, peaches, browns and grey shades in it. The colour variation in this palette is very tricky yet eye-catching and is sure to allure your senses. This palette if wittily used is suitable both for daytime and evening looks. It will be fun to play with colours from this palette and to create different types of looks. Let’s talk about each of the shades in this palette individually.
Top Row, Left to Right:
The top row has 3 matte shades.
1. A stunning matte nude shade that is perfect as an eyeshadow base. Pigmentation is quite poor and needs multiple swipes to be visible. It also has little fallout issue.
2. This shade is another rosy peach shade which is matte in nature. This shade is the least pigmented shade in this palette and needs quite a few swipes for full colour intensity. There are little fallouts in this shade. This shade can be applied on the lid area.
3. Another variant of peach but this is a medium peach colour shade. The colour looks very pretty and goes well with day time looks. It has good pigmentation and very little fallout in this shade. Texture is very smooth and I love this shade.
Bottom Row, Left to Right:
The bottom row has 3 shimmer shades.
4. A beautiful medium brown shade which is shimmery in nature. It is a party perfect shade and has rich pigmentation. Texture is very smooth and has no fallout issues. But the shimmers are very fine and is hardly perceptible.
5. A shimmery dark coffee brown colour that can be used as in the crease area and can also be used as a transition shade. It has great pigmentation and very smooth texture. No fallout issue.
6. The last shade in this palette is a lilac toned slate grey colour that can be used on the outer corners of the eyes for a dramatic eye look. It has fine shimmers in it and it looks very nice when swatched. Great pigmentation and no fallout problem. This is the most favourite shade of mine in this palette.
I have swatched all the shades and I loved using the shades. This palette has varied results on swatched them with respect to pigmentation. The three matte shades in the top row are low on pigmentation and require multiple swipes to obtain the full colour payoff. They also have fallout problem and appear quite chalky.
However, the shimmer shades in this palette have opposite performance and these shimmers don’t make you look like a glitter factory. They have the right amount of lustre in them. Usage of a primer is mandatory in the shimmery shades to make them last longer and avoid spreading them all over the eyes. The pigmentation is very rich for all the shimmer shades and I actually didn’t expect such a great quality at this low price tag. The colours are really unique and show up on the eyes well. Overall, I would say that the pigmentation of these shades would not disappoint you. They give a beautiful colour-payoff and go with most of the outfits. This palette is perfect for parties and festive events. Overall, the shade range is very versatile and I love it.
Texture and Quality: All the shades have soft texture that blends beautifully on the eyes. These shades have a creamy texture and remind me a lot about the high-end brand palettes. I usually use an eye shadow brush during application, but you can also apply it using your fingers. Especially for the shimmery shades, finger application is more useful. The shades don’t feel patchy and ensure a smooth finish post application. While applying the shimmery shades, if you use a wet brush, the colour intensity will be more beautiful and they will give a stunning look on the eyes. Moreover, the shimmer shades are to some extent water proof as well and fade away only with rigorous rubbing. I mix and match different colours to create different looks. I really loved the way this palette fared for me. In a nutshell, this is a nicely formulated palette and great choice for you if you want something that has both shimmer and matte shades in them.
Staying Power: These shades stay in place for a decent amount of time without any creasing. They last for about 7-8 hours which I think are good at this price value. If you have oily lids, you will definitely need a primer prior to application; otherwise the intensity will gradually fade away. These shades are easy to remove as well. They come off easily with any makeup remover.
Overall: I am impressed with the quality of this palette. The colours are quite unique and versatile. The palette is very pretty and the petite size makes it rather cuter. It is a perfect deal to get the best combo of matte and shimmer shades in a single palette and is greatly suitable for you if you don’t like very heavy makeup for your eyes. It is worth giving a try and I definitely recommend it.
Pros of L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Earthy:
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- Petite size and looks very cute.
- Versatile shade selection.
- Comes in a total of 6 shades.
- Some of the shades are matte while the others are shimmery.
- Very affordable.
- Has a mix of nudes, peaches, browns and grey shades in it.
- Pigmentation is decent for most of the shades.
- Soft texture that blends effortlessly on eyes.
- Delivers a smooth and even finish.
- Does not feel patchy.
- Stays for a decent period of time.
- Does not crease.
- Lightweight formula.
- Very affordable.
- Comes with an applicator brush.
- Shimmer shades have minimal fallout.
Cons of L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Earthy:
- Matte shades have fallout problem.
- Primer application needed for oily lids.
- Shimmers can spread over the face.
- Matte shades need multiple swipes for true colour intensity.
- Applicator brush provided is useless.
- Matte shades are poorly pigmented.
- No mirror provided.
IMBB Rating: 4.2/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase L.A. Colors6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Earthy?
Yes, I highly recommend it and I would like to try other variants from this range.
L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave
L.A. Colors Wine and Roses 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Tea Time 5-Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Stormy Metallic Eye Shadow Palette
L.A. Colors Cosmetics Soiree 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow
L. A. Colors On The Cover Beauty Makeup Kit
Kleancolor 5 Color Eyeshadow Palette – Bahamas
Kleancolor 6 Color Contour Eyeshadow Satin Palette – Nude 2 Bronze
Colorbar CheekIllusion Blush – Earthy Touch
Chambor Extreme Matte Long Wear Lip Colour in #06 Earthy Red
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!