I finally managed to lay my hands on a lipstick from Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick range, and as I was looking for a brown one, I went for Coco Shot. Ideally, the mental frame of cocoa brown or a coffee brown is what anyone would picture of when they think of the words ‘Coco Shot’, but in this case it seemed to be different. Read to know more.
Lakmé Absolute’s latest range of high definition Sculpt lipsticks has arrived! One stroke of contoured perfection is all you need to get a chiseled, long wear experience with a rich matte finish. Available in 15 dramatic shades (the brightest shades so far in the Absolute range), Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick is your go-to professional product that provides nothing less than an expert finish.
High colour pay off in one stroke
Matte texture and finish
Long lasting formula
Highly recommended by Lakmé makeup experts
Most vibrant matte collection from Lakmé Absolute
How to Apply
Step 1: Pull out the cap.
Step 2: Start applying from the centre of your upper lip.
Step 3: Work from the centre towards the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth.
Step 4: Glide across the entire bottom lip.
INR 700 for 3.7 g
My Experience with Lakme Absolute Coco Shot Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick:
I am a person who’s into a bit of sparkle and shine or whose hands are naturally inclined towards glosses, especially flavored ones. For a change I went for a matte finish and also I was on the hunt for a nice shade of brown. That is how Coco Shot happened. This Absolute Matte from Lakme gives a neat finish with the sleek, slanted bullet which helps with easy application. It is comfortable to use and gives good color payoff, but the only thing I was disappointed with was the color and the lasting power.
I was not sure if I must be glad or sad that it was a more on the burnt red shade. I am beginning to embrace the color more with every use, but I cannot deny that it gives me a washed out look and my face looks dull with this one on. Not entirely convinced, I had to do something and pop goes the Lakme gloss! Job done and I was more than just happy.
If you like the swatches, you must go for it with all due respect to matte. With that sorted out, I pay extra attention to the details on my eye makeup and the colors of the outfits that I pair it up with. The low staying power still makes me sad though, if you use a gloss it leaves a sheen behind with a hint of Coco Shot. Basically, bits of product left behind is better than nothing!
Pros of Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Coco Shot Hi Definition Matte Lipstick
• Packaging – simple, classy and a sleek with clear specifications, a clear label
• Beautiful neutral shade of brown with red undertones
• Flavored lipstick that tastes like caramel chocolate
• Thoughtful bullet shape
• Glides smoothly on the lips offering a neat, matte, creamy finish
• One to two strokes are good enough for good color payoff
• Very good pigmentation
• Neither dry nor too heavy on the lips
• Travel friendly
• Regular, everyday color
Cons of Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Coco Shot Hi Definition Matte Lipstick
• Packaging can be a little fragile
• Transfers a wee bit
• Low lasting power – lasts a drink or two and a solid meal leaving no stain behind which allows room for reapplication
• The color name is misleading
• It can give a pale, washed out look to your face
• Gives better results with a gloss
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Lakme Absolute Coco Shot Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick?
I might repurchase it, but I am a gloss addict. I recommend ‘Coco Shot’ if you are looking for a burnt red blended with cocoa.
Subtle cocoa butter mixed with cherry colored fine matte for your lips. Adds an edge of elegance to the lips.
• Eye Makeup – Go for bold eye makeup, either thick strokes of kohl or use intense colored base. For a flattering look. Work on the volume and intensity of your eyelashes.
• Outfit Colors – Pair ‘Coco Shot’ preferably with intense colored outfits. Avoid soft pastels as it might give more of a pale and washed out look. Black is the safest ready-to-go color. Otherwise, go for bright peaches, hot pinks blues, lemon greens and yellows. You can safely opt for flashy colors.
• Lips – If you respect the matte finish, stay with it! Else, be happy to use the transparent micro shimmer glosses from your vanity. Use Lakme FS Chocolate with Coco Shot to add a beautiful shine to your lips. If you are open to experimenting, you could also use Lakme’s FS Strawberry or Bubblegum gloss.
Lakme Absolute Red Flames Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakmé Absolute Rose Bloom Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakme Absolute Peach Pout Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakme Absolute Coral Flare Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakmé Absolute Pink Caress Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakme Absolute Plum Spell Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakme Absolute Red Rush Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakmé Absolute Pink Me Up Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick
Lakmé Absolute Pink Glam Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick