You all might be well aware of purple being my favorite color. I have almost everything in purple. Sometimes it so happens that I am dressed from top to bottom in different shades of purple and even have purple accessories. My friends often tease me to get my hair colored purple. The product that I am going to review today is a purple eyeshadow from Lakme. It is one of my favorite eyeshadows as it goes with most of my outfits (because they are purple too :P).
Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Eye Shadow Duos description and price in India -Rs.520
• Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Eye Shadow enriched with smooth oil and powder formulation which delivers intense color with a delicate shine.
• Smooth and soft texture with no chalkiness.
• Excellent shading with minimal fall out.
• Baked- can be applied dry or wet as per your preference.
• Blends perfectly with long wearing power and high color pay off.
• Available in 4 amazing shades.
• Use Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Eye Shadow Duos and get ready to shine with your dramatic eyes.
How to apply:
• Step 1: Choose your eye shadow shade from the 4 trendy duos available
• Step 2: Apply the lighter shade as a base on your lid with the applicator
• Step 2: Apply the dark shade above it
• Accentuate the look with applying Absolute Kohl Ultimate Kajal
My take on Lakme Absolute Purple Haze Drama Stylist Duos:
The eyeshadow comes in a black circular pan with a transparent flip through cap. The color of the eyeshadow is pretty visible. A sponge brush comes with its outer carton but I misplaced it. I wish they had made the packaging such that the applicator could be stored inside the eyeshadow so that it could be of somewhat use. The packaging is simple as well as sturdy.
The eyeshadow is an amazing duo of pinkish-purple and deep blue-purple. The eyeshadows seem to have a bit of shimmer in the pan but come out completely matte when applied on eyes. The texture is smooth but not super smooth. I have very thin eyelid skin and I do have to tug a little to apply the eyeshadow. If you are not much of a shimmer person you would absolutely love this eyeshadow. The pigmentation is also good enough. You need to apply it 2-3 times to make your eyes pop out. It looks best when applied with kohl. As claimed by the company, there is minimum fallout on the pan. It would suit almost everyone. The eyeshadows would look too sheer if applied alone so for a more dramatic look it is necessary that you apply it with a base.
The eyeshadows starts to fade out after 3-4 hours. It completely disappears after 6 hours if not layered with a primer beneath it. You can extend the staying power by applying an eye primer.
Pros of Lakme Absolute Purple Haze Drama Stylist Duos :
• Pretty purple shade.
• As it is baked, can be applied wet or dry.
• There is minimal fallout.
• Easily available.
• It goes matte on eyes and you would like it if you don’t like too much shimmer on your eyes.
• The pigmentation is intense when applied wet.
Cons of Lakme Absolute Purple Haze Drama Stylist Duos :
• The texture is not at par with the price.
Other than this I cannot find any cons with this product.
Would I recommend Lakme Absolute Purple Haze Drama Stylist Duos ?
Yeah. One thing that I would like to say that I live in Ahmedabad where we don’t have many options to choose from so if you get an eyeshadow with a better quality then do go for it because at the price that this eyeshadow is offered is a bit high for the quality we get. If price is not of much a concern than you could surely grab this without any second thoughts.
Lakme Absolute Baked Eyeshadows-Night Desire
Lakme Absolute Eye Chromatic Baked Shadows Day Queen Duo
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick:Winter Lily
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick-Toasted Brown
Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color- 48 Milan Red
Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color-Lip Lush
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick – Elegant Bloom Review
Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Blush Duos – Coral Blush
Urban Decay Single Eyeshadow Purple Haze