WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today I am reviewing Lakme Aquashine in Fig.
The website quotes:-
Glide color onto your lips like velvet. The super soft applicator gives your lips a shape like never before.
Leaving you with the perfect smile. It’s a lipstick, Lip Balm and a Lip Gloss all in one.
• Remove cap. Twist body of pen until the lip color is seen at the tip of the nib. Apply on lips for a smooth glossy finish.
Nude Old Rose, Lotus, Orchid, Wildberry, Wine, Gingersnap, Fig, Terracotta, Truffle, Plum, Sand
Price – Rs 425 for 2.55 ml
Shelf life – 30 months
This is my first lip color in my life. I bought this for my college farewell. The color is a nude shade, somewhere between pink and brown. I wanted a dark color as light color usually goes unnoticed in these types of occasions. I bought this because I wanted a liquid lip color. And that’s only available in lakme and colorbar.
Here is the swatch of it :-
Lovely!! Isn’t it??
I compared its size with a marker.
My bare lips :-
Wearing it in natural light :-
In tubelight 😉 :-
Here is the same swatch of it after one hour. Sorry I didn’t took the photo of the lips because I wiped it since I had to eat my Cholle pulav 😉 😛
Pros of Lakme Aquashine Lip Color
1. I am so much in love with color. Perfect nude shade in brown. Whenever I am confused which lip color will match my outfit I wear this. This is a universal flattering shade
2. Has a glossy finish which I love to infinity
3. Great shade for daily wear
4. So stylishly packed that one can keep it in the jeans pocket and head to face the world. I love flaunting it.
5. Easy and hassle free application as the sponge applicator ensures color that glides on lips.
6. It’s in liquid form which I prefer over tubes.. Wish other brands makes lip colors like this (although colorbar has a same range but the colors are dark 🙁 ) Check swatches HERE
7. Storage is easy since the outer body color shows the color of the lip shade.
8. Color stays for 2-3 hour on me. (gloss stayed for half to one hour and the color stayed for 2 to 2 and a half hr)
9. Doesn’t bare your lips. Fades with a light tint of color on lips.
10. Didn’t dry my lips at all.
11. Fragrance is like freshly baked coconut cookies.
12. Available everywhere. Even in the local beauty shops.
13. Thankfully this range has light shades compared to other lip colors of lakme. Aquashine simply rocks. (I am eyeing on old rose. Waiting for fig to finish.)
Cons of Lakme Aquashine Lip Color
1. I wanted more staying power of the gloss and the color.
2. Quantity is just 2.55 ml. I am going to finish this very soon. 🙁
3. Expensive if you see the staying power and quantity. You are only paying for the shade.
4. You have to be careful while twisting the cap to get the color on the sponge otherwise you will be wasting a lot of it.
I don’t know why it swatches brown and gives a nice pink on your lips. But still I have no issues. I’ll say don’t go for the swatch but see the final application on lips. This color rocks. I am so much love with color. Wish if it could have more staying power I might have bought the whole range. But anyways I love this.
Lakme Aquashine Lip Colour
Lakme Lip Artist
Lakme Gypsy Collection Lip Palette
Lakme Lip Love Lipstick
Lakme Lip Gloss
Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Aphrodite Blush
DIY Lip Colour
Oriflame Stay Glam Lip Colour