Lakme Black Impact Liner is from Lakme’s latest collection Lakme -Summer 2010 Night fever By Suneet Verma
What is Lakme Black Impact Liner?
Enhance your eyes with the blackest of black eyeliner that doesn’t fade. The rich, intense color in a silky formula glides on – lining, defining with the greatest of ease. Water resistant and fast drying. It wont budge for hours. The brush handle offers a comfortable grip so you can create dark, dramatic eyes that are a night time glam staple.
Shade Available : Black
Price : Rs 195 for 3.5 ml
What I love about Lakme Black Impact Liner?
- Packaging: It’s super cute. I quite like the cute purple bottle.
- It comes sealed in a plastic wrapper so the chances of getting a wrong product are almost negligible.
- The V Shaped handle gives a good control.
- The best thing: it does not budge and stays on for hours at a go. I was really not expecting this. It dries to an eyeshadow like texture and if you don’t touch it or don’t rub your eyes, it would stay on good 6-7 hours.
- The formula is neither runny nor thick. It glides on pretty well.
- The eye liner is not intense black but you can increase the intensity by applying an extra coat.
- It is decently priced.
- It dries to a matte black finish.
- The tiny tube can be easily carried everywhere.
What I Don’t like about Lakme Black Impact Liner?
- The Brush. It’s a fat brush. A thinner eye liner brush or even a felt tip would have been better. If used tactfully you can create thin lines but still…
- It takes at least 40-50 seconds to dry up. Feels like a liner from 1970s. 😛
- It is not super pigmented. Sometimes it makes translucent black lines and you have to go all over again to define the line.
- It s not waterproof liner . A single wash of water removes it.
Overall it’s actually not a bad eye liner at all. If you don’t rub your eyes or keep touching then, the liner stays as it is for good 6 hours. Good for the price you pay.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: :star: :star::star:
Have you used Lakme Black Impact Liner?
27 thoughts on “Lakme Black Impact Liner Review”
I have to admit that I still struggle to draw a proper line using a eyeliner 🙁 It either becomes too thick or I end up with a zig zag pattern 🙁 Your guide to wear a eye liner was really helpful [I think by Fathima.. Not sure.. :-)) ]. Have to try that.
It was by Fathima. 🙂 Her dot dot step thingy is very useful. 🙂 You will do fine , just follow the steps she mentioned. 🙂
Aarthi….trying practising when u hv some free time and with some practice u wud become a pro..
Hey HD.. Pro !!! Hope it happens 🙂
Ya sure will try it out this weekend.. 🙂
It will, it will
Not tried it..
Quite happy with my Lotus liner and may not buy Lakme liner..hehe..There are so many in my to try list now 🙂
Actually Lotus liner is better than this. i wanted to add n the review but then thought people would think I am biased towards lotus. 😀
As of today *I* am biased towards lotus! Sleek packaging, cute looking, nice smelling :-)) I wish their lippies were more easily available though… even laxmi store in gk! stopped keeping them! :-(( 😥 🙁
.-= ki.´s last blog ..Lacto Calamine Lotion =-.
he he, happy that you liked it. A soft sun kissed glow. 🙂
Thank you, Anamika. 🙂
hmmmm… I don’t know what to say… But I agree It’s good for the price!!! :-))
I agree, M. 🙂
You have made up your eyes so well. Wud be good if Lakme somes up with other shades as well. Somehow I am apprehensive to use black
That’s a big problem with indian companies, Lavanya. Most of them come up with just one shade- black. Although there’s nothing wrong with it but atleast a basic brown could always be included. Sigh! Keeping my fingers crossed. :fingersxd: let’s just hope it happens. :pray:
WIsh can do eye makeup like u guys…Do try it every now and then but it doesnt come out as clean and classy like … ek eye ka dusre eye sematch nahi karta.. :-X so use eye liner pencils easy to correct 😕
It’s a matter of time and practice, Shweta.. You will do fine. you may pick up Lakme Eye Artist pen also. You can never go wrong with that. See: https://makeupandbeauty.com/lakme-eye-artist-pen-review/
I had a really bad experience with the 9 to 5 eyeliner…the black color was not intense, it took time to dry up, etc….i did nt even use completely….i abandoned it halfway……this wont work for summers and rainy seasons na Rati since its not waterproof…
JOmol, it’s working pretty well in summers. It stays on for really long just that I have to make sure that I am not touching or rubbing my eyes. Just like you wear an eyeshadow. Its intensity could be built up. Why don’t you pick up Lotus liner, it has a felt tip and would give you a better control. here :
any1 has a sugesstion for a super thick black liner gel or liquid or pencil ,i really like d thick black gothic look,any1?????????? ?:-)