Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio – Review, Photos, Swatches
Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio is a 3-colour Limited Edition blush from Lakme’s Gypsy Collection Winter 2010. The 3 colours consist of a peachy-coral shade at the upper and lower ends, a fawny-beige shade in the middle and a kind of a deep mocha/earthy brown shade in the middle and mid to lower area. This blush has no obvious glitter or shimmer, but a very satiny/light frosty kind of finish. Each of the colours in this Trio complement each other. This blush has been a much-awaited product from Lakme’s Gypsy Collection and the last product from this collection to hit the markets. Lakme has kept the best for the last.
Price: Rs. 600/-
Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio comes packaged in a purple printed cardboard box with a circular see-through area in the middle of the box. The box is printed with pretty maroon and blue flowers all inter-twined with spiral gold movements. Details of the product are on the reverse of the box.
(When used with a blush brush, the product looks virtually untouched (like below – I have used it twice or thrice) and when I used my fingers to swatch it, only then did it look used) :
I am really loving this blush, and the way all the colours can be either used individually on the cheeks or blended together to create a peachy shade of blush. It all depends on what clothes and what makeup you are wearing, there’s something in Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio that can go with everything you wear and any kind of makeup you do. Or, you can use the fawny-beige shade in the middle as a highlighter, contour with the pinkish-peachy-coral shade and use the earthy brown shade as a bronzer.
Have a look at some Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio swatches :
And the beautiful peachy-tawny shade you get when all 3 are blended together :
(I have used a bit more product than normally required to blend in order to show the true colour in the photo).
What I like about Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio :
- I like the soft, satiny texture of all the 3 shades – really good quality.
- There is virtually no fall-out while using.
- I am loving the quantity – 13.5g – WOW, that’s even more than a regular pressed powder or compact foundation, which usually comes in the standard 10g.
- I like how long it’s going to last, given the quantity, considering that half the size of this blush would have cost maybe Rs. 300?
- It appears to be almost fragrance-free – thereby reducing sensitivities and allergies for people with sensitive skin.
- This blush is very versatile – each colour can be used separately or blended together, depending on your mood, what you are wearing, and what kind of makeup look you would like to have.
- Would be a good travel companion.
- I like that Lakme’s website has been updated with this blush even before it hit the markets, and there is a good photograph and a good close-up photo too, and the swatches shown are very similar to the actual shades in the blush.
What I don’t like about Lakme Earth Rose Blush Trio :
- It doesn’t come sealed, except the cardboard box.
- No brush has been provided, but for a blush this good, I guess most of us would have anyway used our best blush brushes to apply this!
Don’t know whether this would be a plus or minus point – “Contents Made in Italy. Imported and Mktd. By Hindustan Unilever Ltd.”
A :-*:-*:-*:-*:-* Rating from me for this one, and I would definitely buy it again and again – let’s hope they make a part of their permanent collection.