LAKME FANTASY COLLECTION CHEEK ARTIST – REVIEW
Hello IMBB dolls. I dropped into Pantaloons last evening with 2 kurtis for exchange, intending to get some good earrings instead, and I had no intention whatsoever of even looking towards the cosmetic counters. I got my credit note and again (intending to keep looking straight), I was somehow distracted into looking at the Lakme counter. When I spotted what appeared to be new (being a cosmetic addict, I somehow can spot new stuff immediately), I said to myself “It can’t be the Fantasy Collection”, but YES IT WAS, and to cut a long story short, there went my plans to pick up earrings…and I ended up with 6 items from the Lakme Fantasy Collection. I will show photos of my items, but I specially wanted to show/review the Lakme Cheek Artist which I picked up in both the shades available.
LAKME CHEEK ARTIST
Available in 2 shades:
Kiss of a Rose & Peach Blush
Quantity : 6g
Price: Rs. 395/- each
Printed on the box: “The easiest and most convenient blush of all time! Simply twist and apply directly on to cheeks for a radiant natural finish.”
Also printed on the box: “Imported & Marketed by Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Mumbai. Manufactured by: TISS Union Ent. Co. Ltd., Taiwan.”
These blushes come in a cute magenta pink and lime green box packaging, and the blush case is maroon with maroon and gold streaks and stars on the lower part of the case. They come with a plastic cover on top and are a twist-up type. I was somehow expecting more quantity of the blush stick and I was rather surprised when I twisted it up fully and found only about an inch or so of the product. There is no smell whatsoever so that would be a plus point for those of us with sensitive skin. The “Kiss of a Rose” piece I bought is a bit wobbly in the case, and it also had some dents/scratches on it as you will see in the photos.
Without flash below :
With flash :
Swatch of “Kiss of a Rose” (swiped 2 and a half times) :
Swatch of “Peach Blush” swiped twice :
I came home and washed my face and applied my base foundation and pressed powder and applied the “Peach Blush” shade on my cheeks and IMHO this is what I have to say about it, after it having been on my skin for over 4 or 5 hours :
PROS OF LAKME CHEEK ARTIST
- I love the cute, sleek packaging, both the box, and the product’s packaging. It will be very easy to carry around in your handbag.
- I like the fact that it is completely fragrance-free.
- The 2 shades available are a good choice.
- It’s the first time that Lakme has introduced a crème blush in stick form, so I like the innovation on their part.
- It blends really well and gives a fresh, young, dewy look to the skin.
- Was still on my cheeks for at least 4 hours after application.
- I’m guessing that it will look really great on dry, normal and even combination skins.
CONS OF LAKME CHEEK ARTIST
- I know that it is a crème blush, but since I have VERY oily skin, it looked a bit shiny on my skin after about an hour or so, but nothing to really crib about.
- I do wish they had given a little more product…I have a feeling it will finish quite soon with regular use.
- I keep repeating this whenever I review a Lakme product….their website has not yet been updated with the details of their Fantasy Collection and the products have already reached the markets.
These blushes get a 4/5 rating (minus half a point for the wobbly case/scratches on one of them and minus half a point for the small quantity.)
I might re-purchase these depending on how long they last.
Here’s a photo of the stuff I bought from Lakme Fantasy Collection :
The Shimmer Eye Liners are the same as Rati showed in her post yesterday, the lipstick is No. 137 (Enrich Satins), and the Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick is Astral Blue; please see Rati’s post of yesterday. I did a hand swatch of the Astral Blue Shimmer Stick followed with 2 coats of the Shimmer Eye Liner in Moon Shine Top Coat and this is what it looked like. (It is looking slightly OTT because I really should have used only 1 coat.)
And the free gifts : A Lakme 9 to 5 lipstick in Apple Crush and a Brush Kit
Have a great weekend and, of course, happy shopping !
Also Read :
Lakme Fantasy Collection Photos, Info
Lakme Fantasy Collection : Poll
Lakme Fantasy Collection Spring 2011 Announcement
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Eye Quartet Botanica Photos, Swatches
Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Liner Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Lipstick Photos, Swatches