WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello again everyone. Today I am reviewing 2 of the Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Eye Liners in Midnight Moon and Top Coat. Lakme will be launching 8 shades in these Shimmer Eye Liners, and I am already loving the 2 shades that I bought on Friday.
These Shimmer Eye Liners do not have any packaging except a cellophane paper wrapped till the middle of the gold applicator handle. But it is tamper-proof.
The Midnight Moon shade is a grey-black shade full of silvery shimmer (not glitter) and from far it looks like a deep grey metallic shade and the shimmer effect can be seen from close quarters. I even looked at it through a magnifying glass (yes!), and I seemed to have even spotted some flecks of pink and navy blue shimmer. It is very pigmented and the shimmer is not at all gritty, and it glides on extremely smoothly. I applied it on my upper lash line and it stayed and stayed on for hours and hours. When the swatch dried on my hand, I rubbed it vigourously but it did not budge. I held my hand under running water, even then it did not budge. Finally, using my nails, I had to scratch it off with soap and water.
The Moon Shine Top Coat is a transparent shade with a whitish base, filled with tiny silver, pink and blue shimmer (yes, again observed with a magnifying glass!). It will look fantastic over a matte liquid eyeliner or eyeliner pencil, and instantly glams up your eyes so you can go from drab to fab in less than a minute! Great to instantly transform a day look into a night look.
In my eye photo below, I have used MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot as a primer all over my lids upto my eyebrows, and have applied the Midnight Moon Shimmer Eyeliner on the upper lash line, and Chambor Transferproof Smooth Eye Pencil in Black Dazzle on the lower lash line.
I also tried the Moon Shine Top Coat on top of Lakme 9 to 5 Intense Shine Eyeliner (a deep black matte eyeliner), and it looked really great.
What I like about these Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Eyeliners:
• Though I have only seen 2 shades, I am really loving the intense pigmentation of the Midnight Moon shade.
• It is extremely long-wearing, it does not move, smudge or budge unless removed with soap and water or makeup remover.
• It glides across the eyelids smoothly and evenly like a dream.
• The shimmer is very fine and is not one bit rough or gritty, in fact, it cannot be felt at all.
• The long, slim applicator handle enables you to have a good grip to apply the eye liner with a steady hand.
• Cute size, easy to carry around in your handbag.
• Will be available in a variety of 8 shades.
• I like these new makeup innovations that Lakme always introduces in their new collections each time.
What I don’t like about these Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Eyeliners
• I haven’t tried out any of the other 6 shades, but I have nothing to grumble about regards these 2 shades I have tried, except the fact that (here I go again) I am really curious to know about the other shades and I can’t do anything about it except wait for the same to be launched in the stores because…..Lakme has not yet updated their website with details of their Fantasy Collection.
I give these eyeliners 4.5 out of 5 (minus 0.5 for their website not being updated as yet).
Regarding re-purchase, I would definitely be trying out some of the other colours from this range.
Also wanted to share my freshly-applied Manicure of the Week :
Deborah Milano 7 Days Long nail paint in No. 827 – a creamy, light lilac colour.
Eyeliner for Dark Complexion
Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner
Long Lasting Eye Liner
Double Winged Eye Liner
Lakme Fantasy Shimmer Liner Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Eye Quartet Botanica Photos
Lakme Fantasy Collection Cheek Artist
Lakme Fantasy Collection Lipstick Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick
Lakme Fantasy Collection Photos
Lakme Fantasy Collection : Poll