Lakme Lip Artist Review
What is Lakme Lip Artist?
Use these color rich sticks to define your lip line or fill with intense color. Enhanced with skin care vitamins for soft, smooth application. Take your pick of the hottest shades from deep crimsons to classic terra cottas.
Price : Rs 250
Available in 6 shades:
- Terra Cotta
3 shades I have:
- Terracotta : True to its name. It’ a terracotta colour. Would go well for most Indian skin tones.
- Crimson: Red with a brown undertone. Again, most Indian women would be able to carry off this kind of red.
- Sienna: Soft brown. Great for most Indian complexions.
All the three colours have a soft shine to them and have absolutely no shimmer. I personally think that the shades are created keeping Indian skin tones in mind.
How to use Lakme Lip Artist:
- You may use them as a lip liner
- You may use them as is to add colour to your lips.
- The shades are almost matte so you may just top them with a clear gloss and you are good to go.
- To make the colours super long lasting, I apply the Lip artist once on my lips, dab a clean tissue on my lips to remove the excess and then reapply the colour.
I personally like to use them as is.
What I love about Lakme Lip Artist:
- They are long lasting. I would say good 3-4 hours whether you eat or drink. Of course after a few hours it doesn’t look the same on lips but still the wash of colour is always there on your lips.
- You can use these chubby pencil as lip liners to make your lipsticks last longer.
- They look like stains on your lips. I like them more than the regular lip stains.
- They are a little drying after an hour or so but nothing that bothers me too much. I just apply a lip balm on top and still the colour doesn’t slip or fade easily.
- They are creamy and glide on easily on your lips.
- Excellent for office wear because they have no glitter, the colours are soft and they stay on for long on your lips.
- They smell of regular Lakme lipsticks. I quite like the fragrance.
- They don’t feather.
- They don’t settle in your lines.
- They are quite waterproof, I would say. Even after having a full meal, the colour fades a little but the stain of colour is still there on your lips.
- The fat chubby tubes are pretty cute.
- They are decently priced.
- Although you can top them up with a clear gloss but I noticed that they stay on longer when worn alone.
- These could be sharpened. I am not a huge fan of retractable pencils so these are quite a relief.
What I don’t like about Lakme lip Artist:
- Only the fact that I would have to buy a separate sharpener especially for these.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*
I think Lip Artists are one of the best pick from Lakme Night Fever Collection. 🙂
I have a feeling that these are Lakme Glide on Lip Colour packed in a different packaging.
Following are the rest three shades :
- Taupe : is a soft brown. very similar to Sienna. Infact I couldn’t find any difference between the two shades.
- Carmine : is a deep maroon colour
- Prunelle : is deep purple shade.
Have you tried Lakme Lip Artists?
PS: The products shown in this entry were sent by the company for consideration.