WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Since college, lip sticks and lip liners are the two of the most important cosmetics that I should have. I don’t care if I don’t have kajal applied, as long as I have these two, I was pretty complete and satisfied. Few months back I purchased the Lakme 9 to 5 defining lip liner & here I am sharing my experience with you all today.
What Lakme claims about Nine-to-Five range:
Enter the world of high performance make-up with the Nine-to-Five range. Once applied, you can look gorgeous, even at the end of the day. Created to give you all day perfection, this revolutionary assortment of cosmetics will make touch-ups a thing of the past. With formulations optimized to suit Indian skin and climatic conditions, the Nine-to-Five range is designed to feel super comfortable and stay on perfectly for hours and hours.
About Defining Lip liner:
A color intense formula that glides on evenly for perfectly defined lips that last through the day.
- 01 Poppy Red
- 03 ChestNut
- 04 Merlot
- 06 Expresso
How to Apply
Step 1: Line your lips along your lip-line. Start at the corner of your mouth and work towards the centre.
Step 2: Ensure that your lip liner follows the contour of your lips for a smooth finish.
MRP: Rs.195/- for .35 gram
Self Life: 30 months from the date of packaging.
My Experience with it:
I brought the shade 06-Expresso. It’s more like a crayon with a rounded tip. It comes in a long skinny plastic black tube that is retractable and you never need to sharpen them. You just pull off the cap, twist it up and apply.
It is dark chocolate brown when swatched & exactly the same pops out on the lip. Usually I fill my lips with lip liner before applying lipstick. It is very soft in texture & glides easily when I apply it on lips, moreover it does not make my lips dry. Sometimes I have a problem with the moisturizing lipsticks in particular from “feathering” into the fine lines of my lips and mouth, but the application of the liner has helped me to come up with this problem, it really helped to hold the lipstick in place. Color pay off for this particular shade also impressed me. I have to glide just ones or twice to make the color visible also I don’t even have to press very hard. I’m very much satisfied with my nine to five defining lip liner, which is cream and glides on easily.
However, it may break off if too much of it is exposed, this can be easily prevented by exposing only a small portion, as per requirement. Here I have swatches on my hand to show the color better .
What I like about Lakme 9 to 5 defining lip liner:
* Lakme 9 to 5 defining lip liners are creamy, easy to apply and self sharpening.
* Inexpensive compared to other brands.
* I like that it is retractable like the lipsticks.
* Also, I liked the fact that it is pretty small. I can toss it in my purse. I always carry it to office for touch ups.
* It makes my lips appear supple and well defined.
* Another good thing that I really like is that it holds my lipstick in place.
* Can be remove easily with mildest face wash and water or makeup remover, although I usually just run a cotton pad over my lids and it comes right off.
* Lakme has the widest distribution range so there products are not difficult to find. I can buy them at local shop near my house and don’t have to go to a department store to get a quality lip liner.
What I don’t like about Lakme Nine to Five Defining lip liner
* The longevity of the liner is quite short. For me it last only for 2 to 3 hours. It fades away time leaving a thin trace of the color.
* This soft lip liner comes in only 4 different shades
* Since the liner is very soft so could be easily broken if too much of the liner is exposed.
Will I repurchase? Yes I will. I loved this lip liner range! They work great and they are such a steal on the price. Not only do I adore the easy application of this lip liner and the built in sharpener, but the shade espresso is the perfect shade to match most of my daily wear lipsticks & I am quite impressed with the color pay off too.
IMBB Rating: 4/5.
Have you used Lakme Nine To Five Defining Lip Liner? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Nine to Five Lipsticks Review
Nine to Five Intense Volume Mascara Review
Lakme Nine To Five Flawless Creme Compact Review
Five Favourite Lakme Nine to Five Lipsticks
Nine to Five Day Perfect Lip Colors Review
Lakme Nine to Five Defining Eyeliner: Sapphire & Jade
Lakme Forever Silk Eyeliner Gypsy Green Review, EOTD