WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lakme Shadow Artist Astral Blue, Glimmer Green Review, EOTD
Claims : Let your eyes share magical moments with light beams. Creamy color pencils laced with super fine glitter, reflect light and bring a mesmerizing sparkle to your eyes. Edge, smudge, line, shadow, color or blend. Keep the mystery alive.
Price : Rs 350
Shades available :
Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Sticks are chubby cream eyeshadow pencils. They have very fine sheen to them. No obvious glitter, which is pretty good.
Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Astral Blue is a dark teal blue cream eye shadow . it is super dooper pigmented shadow stick. Glides on your lids easily without nay tugging or pulling.
It is a lime green shadow stick with very very fine golden shimmer to it. the shimmer just gives that gorgeous sheen to the colour. Pretty summery shade. See Eye Swatch HERE
What I like about Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick :
- These are probably the easiest cream shadows I have used so far. The pencil design makes the application super easy. It’s just like colouring your eyelids with colourful crayons. 😀
- They are very very creamy. No tugging of your eye lids at all.
- The shadow sticks are amazingly pigmented. One swipe of colour is enough to cover your entire lid.
- The outer covering of the pencil is coloured on the same colour as the shadow stick so they are easy to store. They also have transparent caps so I would say that the packaging is not only pretty but very thoughtful as well.
- The shimmer in these shadow sticks is very fine so you don’t feel any grittiness while applying them.
- These blend beautifully both with finger tips or your eyeshadow brushes.
- I have never used them on waterline but while working with these sometime they went on my waterline as well but these caused no irritation to my eyes at all.
- They are quite versatile. you cna sue these as eyeliner and smudge them or as a base to your not-so-pigmented eye shadows.
What I don’t like about Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick
- These smudge, smear , crease and disappear after a while if worn alone on lids. Even with an eyeshadow base they crease very badly. :(( The only way to make these work is to apply an eyeshadow primer, then apply shadow stick and then set these with an eyeshadow. Even with eye shadows, these crease after a few hours.Not as badly but these do crease.
- Okay you are not supposed to smell these but these have a funny smell to them. 😛
- These can be sharpened using the Lakme Duo Sharpener.
As much as I’d wanted to be impressed by these, I don’t think I am.
These best way to use these I feel is use it as an eyeliner and then softly smudge it using a blue eyeshadow.
Here is the EOTD. I applied MAC Painterly paint pot as base, then setting it with powder so as to control any extra oil on my lids and then applied Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Astral Blue very closely to my waterline. I blended it upward using a fluffy eyeshadow brush. On the inner corner of the lids, i applied the lightest shade from Lakme Eyeshadow Quartet – Botanica. On waterline I have used MAC Chromagraphic Pencil. Curled lashes and applied mascara.
And this is how it looks after 10-15 minutes- creased and faded . 🙁 It would have stayed longer (around 3-4 hours without creasing) if I had applied powder eyeshadow on top of it but on their own, these shadow sticks fail badly.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating :-* :-* + 0.75
Have you used Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick ? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
Lakme Fantasy Collection Photos, Info
Lakme Fantasy Collection : Poll
Lakme Fantasy Collection Spring 2011 Announcement
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Eye Quartet Botanica Photos, Swatches
Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Liner Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Lipstick Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Lipstick Review, Photos, FOTD
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick, Shimmer Liner Pics
Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer Review, Swatch, FOTD
product sent by brand for consideration