Please welcome Fatima. She is a 15 year old makeup lover. She deserves a good amount of pampering from all of us. :-* – Rati
I have had this quad for a while. I got it back when the collection was just released I went ahead and bought the one in Into the blue. I bought it when I was going through a phase when I thought no Indian Makeup companies have products that are good enough so I didn’t use it for a while but one day when I was wearing a turquoise dress and I wanted to line my eyes with the color I took this out and used it and I haven’t stopped since then.
Its price: Rs 250/-
How to use Lakme Tropical Island Eyecolor Quartet:
- You can use the colors in the quad with each other. But I have to warn you that they tend to combine into each other.
- You can refer to the site –here to see facecharts from the collection. But you may need multiple quads to pull of some looks.
- You can use colors from the quad with other colors from other shadows like I used black with the darkest look.
Why should you buy Lakme Eyecolor Quartet?
- The color payoff -my, oh my, the colors are totally gorgeous and the pay off is like out of this world. It has a fair payoff without a base. But if you use a primer or like me a concealer the payoff is awesome.
- The texture -It has a perfect texture silky smooth with shimmer but not the chunky kind but like liquid metal for me that is something I just love.
- The price-Its price is very very reasonable and I think that it is under-priced.
- Ease of Application-If you have got a basic shader brush and the applicator that comes with it, you can create magic on your eyes.
- The build-ability-You can apply it as subtle as you want and make it as vibrant as you want too.
Why should you NOT buy Lakme Eyecolor Quartet?
- The fallout-this is one major thing that i hated about this. It is fine if you are using the wand that comes with it. But when you use a brush a lot of product is loosened making way for wastage and a whole lot of fallout
- The variety in colors & blending- In the quad i purchased the first and second colors are way too similar for my taste. When we try to blend the light blues with the darker one, they don’t give that gradient effect we look for but rather combine together into a whole other color.
- Number of sets-I like the quad that are there but I really would have loved to see more variety in the shades other than the five,3 of which are I believe limited edition.
Do I love Lakme Tropical Island Eyecolor Quartet?
- Yes, I just hope that they would come out with more shades
Would I suggest Lakme Tropical Island Eyecolor Quartet to a friend?
- Heck yeah!
So go ahead girlies, fly like the wind to get your hands on them!
Image Source: Lakme