Hello lovely ladies of IMBB,
I have been wanting to do soooo many reviews of so many things as all of us but ahhh the great thing called time.
It flies yes it truely does with exams,lots of reading to catch up and news to watch and the release of movies like turning 30 ,yamla pagla deewana and no one killed Jessica, who would have time? Lol!
So with all the bollywood details let me begin,winter is one particular season when we want eevrthing moisturising and soft ,lovely smelling stuff for our skin.
This made me dig deep into my vanity and collect lots of deep lipstick colours which i would not look at in summers.I associate winters with deep plums,wine reds,deep colours.
Now comes into play this brown coloured lipstick which looks scary brown in the tube
Too brown but turns out its a beautiful brown when you apply
Lancome color fever lipstick in wicked brown is one such lovely. I saw it lying in my lipstick basket and though mm err why not afterall its winters 😉
This lipstick came free when i brought the lancome juicy tube gloss about a year ago . So the product says not for individual sale but as far as I can remember this was for 25 usd or so.
Here is how the lipstick looks in the tube
Its a brown with lots of sheen to it!
It goes on sheer on your lips and is not very pigmented.
Here is the swatch of the lipstick without flash
And here it is how it looks on my lips i applied it about 2 times for it to come up for the camera also my lips are really pigmented brown so i am not sure how it will look on regular pink or peach coloured lips 😉
As u can see it comes on very sheer and is great for regular wear
Here is the packaging
From the name I thought it would be very dark brown turns out it is very neutral
Product Description : Lancome COLOR FEVER delivers incredibly luminous, vibrant color. Color smoothly glides along your lips with sensuous comfort leaving lips feeling smooth and supple. LIGHT-MAXIMING PIGMENTS use light as a prism to bring you the most intense, lasting shine. No need to compromise long wear for color, this lipcolor has it all a long wear, hydrating texture that wraps your lips in cushioned comfort. Color stays true with no feathering or fading. .
Pros and cons as follows
Pros of Lancome ColorFever Lipstick Wicked Brown
- Lovely natural shade. Great for everyday wear.
- It is great for winters becasue it is very moisturising
- It stays on for good 2 hours and then fades away.
- After fading, it still leaves the moisture on your lips
- I applied it with balm underneath even though you don’t have to, it still is good.
CONS of Lancome ColorFever Lipstick Wicked Brown
- PRICE IS 25 DOLLARS, pretty expensive for a lipstick 🙁
- The staying power is only about 2 hours,not worth really.
- The packaging is old black simple tube.although i think this is because i got it free and individually its sold in a pretty pink packaging with the lancome flower logo.
- Has a very very sligh golden shimmer in it for the effect .am not a shimmer fan:-O
My take on this lipstick would be :-* :-* :-* because of the high price and less lasting power though it is reallly moisturising and lancome 😉
I would not repurchase it unless i get it free with something again 😉
Free stuff is always welcome 🙂
Hope you find this review helpful
Have you used Lancome Colorfever Lipstick? Please rate in the box below
Also read :
- Lancome Liner Design Review, Photos, Swatches
- Lancome Lip Gloss- La Laque Fever Spot Pink Review, Swatches