WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : An iconic makeup artist’s palette designed to smoke, highlight and diffuse to create endless looks with this curated collection of colors and textures that are classic and timeless with an edge. Reinvent the smoky nude with an array of colors ranging from earth tones to warmer chocolates and accents of lavender. Includes 12 shades in matte, sateen and shimmer formulas.
Price : USD 58
My Experience with Laura Mercier Extreme Neutrals Palette
This is one of the most amazing neutral eyeshadow palette I have in my collection. It is absolutely great in terms of packaging, colors, textures, pigmentation and staying power. If you are still looking for that perfect neutral eyeshadow palette that you’d use till death, this could be the one. That said if you already have a neutral eyeshadow palette such as Urban Decay N*ked Palette or Maybelline Neutral Palette even if you own your own customised neutral palette, you don’t need this one.
I have been wearing colors from this and only this eyeshadow for weeks now and clearly I am obsessed. I have worn all these eyeshadows for more than 8 hours at a stretch with various combinations from the palette and they have not disappointed me at all. My eye makeup had look neat and pretty even after a long day wear.
It is a palette of 12 eyeshadows – a mix of shimmery and matte textures. the colors have a variation of highlighters, neutral browns and some lavenders. Let me explain the shades to you :
- Bone : A buttery soft muted beige brown. It is a matte eyeshadow. Sometimes use it as an overall color just to give a base to my eyeshadows and sometimes even as a brow bone highlighter when I just want a polished look without any noticeable highlighter.It does not look chalky at all. It is pretty pigmented and easy to work with.It shows decently well on my skintone but on lighter/pale skin tones this color may not show at all.
- Earth : A matte medium greyish taupe eyeshadow. It is a little patchy upon application. It needs a bit of blending and building up to make the color look even. But other than that it does not go patchy once blended with other shadows and stays put pretty well.
- Dust : a beautiful frosty peach gold eyeshadow. On my skintone it shows up pretty well but on a pale skintone this might not even show up. It is a little sheer and not stark as you’d expect a ‘highlighter’ color to be. But I like that. I feel that makes it easier to wear during the day time. It never looks disco-ball(y). It’s like a soft understated shimmer. I have already developed a dent in this one. 😀
- Rock : It is a satiny brown with gold sheen. It somehow reminds me a lot of MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow. It goes on beautifully on the lids without any fallout. The color pay off os beautiful and gives that lovely sheen upon application. You could wear this eyeshadow just on its own as an overall color and finish off with some eyeliner and mascara.
- Wind : It is a matte warm beige eyeshadow. It makes a great browbone color. And sometimes when you want a lighter shadow all over the lid with a dark brown just on the corners..this is great for that type of eye makeup look. You have to build this color up to really get its true pigmentation but I feel that make sit versatile to use it various ways on the eyes. It is very smooth eyeshadow and blends beautifully.
- Dune : It is a muted brown matte eyeshadow. I find it a gorgeous transition color.It gives that seamless and blended look to the eyeshadows. It is very soft, easy to blend and has a good pigmentation. If you have light brows, you could also use it as a brow powder.
- Chocolate Espresso : Probably one of my most favourite eyeshadow from the palette. It is very soft matte cool toned dark brown eyeshadow. I use it for smokey eyes but on most days I use it to smudge my kajal. The only drawback is that I find it a little hard to blend so it can look patchy if not blended properly. I absolutely love the color of it personally.
- Hot Chocolate : It is a soft reddish toned brown. An absolutely beautiful overall shadow or a transition shade. It blend smoothly and has a lovely pigmentation.
- Candy Mauve : Honestly I was confused when I saw the two mauves in the palette.But guess they make a nice change for days when you don’t want to wear browns. Plus you could also wear these in combination with browns. It is a pale shimmery lavender color. Ummm not one of my favourite shades from the palette. It has a decent pigmentation and blends in nicely upon application.
- Cocoa Rose : It’s a very unique pale rose brown color. It has a lovely sheen to it and has a very soft texture. This one can be used both as a lid color and an inner corner shade. A lovely everyday easy to use shade.
- Violet Sugar : It is a dark purple with silvery sheen . It is beautifully pigmented and packs a punch upon application. Can totally do smokey eyes with this one.
- Choco Glace : A major love-hate eyeshadow. It is a stunning shimmery brown eyeshadow. The shimmers are gold and rose gold. It is extremely pigmented but has such a bad fall out. I always use it before doing my face makeup. But what an absolutely stunning shade this is. This one also has developed a dent in it. 😀
Overall,I’d say it is a good palette but not a unique one. I’d have most of these shades somewhere or the other with me already.The quality of all the eyeshadows are not consistent throughout the palette but they work great in combination with each other. This eyeshadow palette leaves a room for improvement but I personally absolutely love using it.
Also, I never mind a good neutral palette. Plus the packaging is stunning. It has this leather-like case with a magnetic closure. It has not heavy as well and just the right size.It makes for an ideal travel companion.
Rating : 4/5
l-r Dune, Wind, Rock, Dust, Earth, Bone,
Choco Glace, Violet Sugar, Cocoa Rose, Candy Mauve, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Espresso
top : bone, earth, dust, rock, wind, dune
bottom : Choco Glace, Violet Sugar, Cocoa Rose, Candy Mauve, Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Espresso
Eye makeup looks created using this palette. Full makeup breakdown HERE
Full Makeup Breakdown HERE
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Review
Laura Mercier Silk Crème Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation Review
Laura Mercier Courtisane Stickgloss Lip Colour Review
Laura Mercier Milky Way Crème Smooth Lip Colour Review
Laura Mercier Crème Brûlée Soufflé Body Crème Review
Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist’s Palette Review
Laura Mercier Aubergine Caviar Stick Eye Colour Review
Laura Mercier Smoky Topaz Baked Eye Colour – Wet/Dry Review