WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Is Lemon Good For Pimples?
Someone rightfully said “when life gives you lemons, make yourself a lemonade!” Skincare is incomplete without lemons! They are so useful for skin, hair, nails, weight loss, and in a lot more. In this post, we are going to learn how to treat acne using lemons and to answer the question, “is lemon good for pimples?”
Lemons have a high content of antioxidants, as well as they are a natural source of ascorbic acid, also know as vitamin C that helps to fight free radicals in the skin and also increase collagen production. Using lemon is one of the safest and natural ways to treat acne and pimples.
How is Lemon Good for Pimples:
- Lemon reduces oil production (sebum). Citric acid in lemon would dry out pimples.
- Lemons contain natural astringent and antibacterial properties that removes dead cells, clears clogged pores, and also eradicate acne-causing bacteria.
- Lemons helps to reduce redness and inflammation.
- They treat inflammatory acne and residue scars.
How To Use Lemon to Treat Pimples:
- Squeeze out juice from one whole lemon into a bowl..
- Using a cotton ball, apply it directly over acne. You can also a bit of honey to tone down the stinging sensation. You can also dilute the lemon juice with some water or rose water.
- Rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
- Apply 2-3 times a day for faster results.
- You can also apply this mix on acne scars regularly till acne vanishes.
Tip: You can also cleanse and detox your body and skin from inside. To detox, every morning, drink warm water with one whole lemon squeezed in on empty stomach. Doing this regularly will clear your skin and will also reduce body fat and aid in weight loss. You can add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of honey for added benefits.
Method 2 (for sensitive skin):
- Use equal parts of lemon juice and rose water. Add one whole raw egg white to this and mix well. Rose water contains natural anti-bacterial properties. Rose water is also a natural skin toner and will help to balance out the acidity of lemon, it’s perfect for people with sensitive skin. Egg white will tighten and shrink facial pores.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture.
- Let it stay for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Pat dry using a clean towel.
- Repeat the process twice daily.
Tip: It’s always advisable to perform a small patch test on the skin, before applying lemon juice directly.
Hope this article would help you to achieve radiant, clear skin. 🙂