Hi Everyone, 🙂
I have made a few lifestyle changes in past few months. They have sort of helped me. I thought I’d share them with you all. 🙂
1. I feel when you work from home you become laid-back about a lot of things. In my case I used to wake up every morning and the first thing I’d do was freshen up and sit right on my laptop for hours at a stretch. Somewhere in afternoon I’d take bath, do my skin care, get dressed up in my comfy PJs and then again back to laptop. I have completely changed this habit of mine now. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is that I take bath, do my skin care, and get dressed up. I just feel so good and sorted. My PJs are only for night now or for some cheat days. 😛
2. Minimising sugar intake in my diet. I have substituted sugar with shakkar/ gur or agave syrup. You may also use stevia but I don’t like the taste of stevia at all. I enjoy eating my sweets outside home whenever I want to, but when I am at home I like to maintain this control. Honestly, I feel this has helped me a LOT in keeping my weight in check. In fact, I don’t crave for sugar anymore.
3. I organise my stuff at least once a week. I pick up small sections every time. And this way slowly and steadily all my stuff is getting organised. 😀 I feel when you pick up just one random day to organise everything, it becomes a task.
4. I have added supplements my diet of late. In our busy lives there is no way we can get all kinds of proteins and vitamins that our body needs. And especially I feel our diets are not so rich as it used to be for people of earlier times. Most of the time we are scared of eating various foods to avoid gaining weight. So what do we do? We take supplements. 😀 I started having fish oil soft gels almost a month back. I just take one each day but I guess now I’d start taking two. I feel it has helped a lot in my immunity. With the continuous travel and weather change, I often used to fall sick. I have’t made any other change except these tablets and my immunity had really improved. These Vit E tablets I started taking recently on Neha’s reco because my nails are chipping a lot oflate. I think it’d take time for these to show the result but I’d stick to these two. Please consult the doctor before taking any supplements, especially those who are allergic or sensitive to certain foods.
5. And last but not the least. This is something I learnt from my mum and it totally makes sense. All the lovely clothes that I have worn a couple of times and are getting old, I have decided to wear them at home. Rather than buying a whole new wardrobe for home, I wear all my dresses and skirts especially at home. But I guess women never stop buying new clothes and old clothes just keep getting older hanging in the closet. So why not enjoy wearing them even more? 🙂
Are there any lifestyle changes that you may have made or some things that you follow? Please do share them. 🙂