Fair skin obsession is nothing new in our country. Any product that has ‘skin lightening’ written on it is an instant hit here. We do not hesitate or think twice before applying products which have toxic heavy metals, such as mercury and hydroquinone, in their ingredients. Beat that.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
What we do not understand that in rush to get that perfect even and flawless skin tone we are loading our skin with products which could cause a host of other problems in future. There are safer methods, which involves the use of homemade products and ingredients, that will gradually lighten your skin tone without any side effects. However you must remember that preventing skin darkening is easier than trying to lighten skin colour. Mentioned below are few tips and tricks to lighten your skin tone without the use of harsh chemicals.
• If you have dark spots on your face, apply apple cider vinegar twice a day to improve your pH balance and to help lighten your skin. Use caution if you have overly sensitive skin, since apple cider can be acidic.
• Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with some yogurt and gently rub this mixture on your face. Rinse off with cool water after 10 minutes. Curd is a good source of zinc and lactic acid, both aid in lightening the skin tone.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Take a tomato and apply its pulp on your skin daily. Wash off with cool water after 20 minutes. It is an excellent remedy to get rid of excess oil and treat open pores of your face.
• Take two teaspoons of mint juice and add half teaspoon of lemon juice in it. Apply it on your face 2-3 times a day and let it air dry before washing it off with normal water. This is an excellent pack for exfoliating your skin and getting rid of whiteheads as well.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Apply the juice of ripe pineapple to get fair skin naturally at home.
• You can also make a skin lightening cream at home by combing egg whites and lemon juice is equal parts. You must heat the mixture until it thickens and store it in the fridge. Apply it on your face and rinse it after 20 minutes. Apply the mixture daily until you get the skin tone you are looking for.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Prepare a homemade skin lightener by mixing a teaspoon of sandalwood powder, a teaspoon of turmeric, and a few drops of rose water. Mix these ingredients into a paste and apply it on your face. Let it stay for around 20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
• Mix together 1 teaspoon each of milk powder, lemon juice and almond oil. Apply this concoction on your skin; massage for few minutes and then leave it on for 15 minutes before washing off. This is an effective skin lightening mask.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• Boil cumin seeds in water, and rinse your face with this water to reveal fair and radiant skin.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
• Mix milk powder with honey to make your skin light and eases out fine lines of dry skin.
Along with these methods, always remember to apply a sunscreen on your skin. Follow healthy eating and lifestyle habits and a skin care regimen to enjoy a healthy and even skin tone.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips