Hello to all the beauties,
This is my first DIY on IMBB and I am very excited to share it with you all. I love making different formulas for DIY’s and experimenting with different things every other day. In this DIY I am going to show you how to make your own lip spa therapy or tinted lip moisturiser at home. It is very easy and simple to make. I have added a lot of things in it in which some of them are optional. I will let you know about them.
Things you will need:
• White petroleum jelly or Vaseline
• Bee’s wax (optional)
• Some old/broken lipsticks/lip tints or crayons (optional)
• Pure almond oil or vitamin E oil capsules
• Vanilla extract or any essential oil or aroma which you like
• Empty containers
• A bowl to mix
• Heat source
How to make:
I have taken petroleum jelly as a base for the lip balm. It’s totally optional for you to add bee’s wax into it. To make the lip moisturiser or lip balm, take a heat proof bowl and pour 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly and a little bee’s wax in it. The quantity of the base material depends upon you, how much you want to make. I took 5 tablespoons because I made it for my friends too. Now, add half a tablespoon of honey, one vitamin E oil capsule or 4-5 drops of pure almond oil in it. I used divya badam rogan almond oil because I found it to be the purest of many almond oils I’ve used till date. For the aroma, I added 3-4 drops of vanilla extract because I love vanilla flavoured lip balms but you can add whatever you like as per your preference and taste of smelling. For the tint, I added a little bit of my colorbar obsessed orange lipstick because it was terribly broken, you can add any of your lipstick or lip tint which has been broken or you are no longer use of it. You can either use half a wax crayon in it, yes those color crayon which we had used in our childhood days. I have researched on them and found that they are non-toxic, pretty much safe to use on the lips and for the kids as well.
Now, you will need a double boiler to mix and melt everything in. Once everything is melted, take the mixture off the flame and carefully pour it in the empty containers. Let it set for some time or keep it in fridge for an hour. You can use any old lip balm’s case or any small empty tub. I even used my empty baby lips’ cases and whoaaa it actually looks like the original Maybelline’s baby lips, you can see in the picture. Nobody believes me when I tell that this is my homemade babylips lip balm. 😛
Some points to be kept in mind:
• If you take both of the base materials that is petroleum jelly and bee’s wax, always take them in the proportion 1:3 which means three parts of Vaseline to 1 part of bee’s wax, because the more you add bee’s wax the more harden you lip balm will become. It is tried and tested.
• Never add too much of honey as it might settle down in your bottle after it sets completely.
• Be very careful while pouring the melted mixture in the empty cases as the mixture becomes very hot and it might burn your hands.
• The amount of lipstick or crayon depends upon you, how much you want your lip moisturizer to be tinted. The more crayon/lipstick you add, the more tinted your lip moisturiser will become. If you don’t want your lip moisturiser to be tinted you can totally skip this step.
I have been using this lip balm since 8 months and I am use-to of it now. My lips are no more dry or chapped even in the winters. You can apply this lip moisturiser throughout the day and night. It will give you a decent tint and soften lips. I often do a lip scrub (made of sugar+ honey+ almond oil) at night and apply this lip moisturiser. I love my lips the next morning. Please try this DIY lip spa and share your experience with me.
NYX Tinted Lip Spa: Matador and Vintage Review
NYX Lip Lacquer Pot
NYX Lip Cream Addis Ababa
NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
Oriflame Beauty Lip Spa Therapy
How To Make Mint Lip Scrub At Home
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial