Wanna kickstart your weight loss journey, then it would be a great idea to declutter your pantry and kitchen, and get rid of all junk and readymade food items. Grocery shopping is not an easy task, especially, when you are obsessed about losing weight the healthy way. It would be hard to leave out tempting food products that are stacked in supermarket aisles and find out healthy stuff that would nourish your body. In this post, we have listed out 99 grocery items that any dietician would approve when you go out for grocery shopping. It’s not all about burning calories, it’s also about not adding any extra or empty calories that can get stored up as fat in the body. The items in this list will also help you maintain weight along with providing the necessary vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients. It’s important to eat a healthy and balanced diet instead of starving yourselves to lose weight, and that’s why Rati Beauty makes delicious recipes out of these healthy items in different combinations in a way that you would love the whole process of dieting without feeling hungry or “hangry” all the time. So, check out this list (they are not in any particular order of importance or grouped in any particular category) and add them to your grocery list when you think about shopping the next time around. But first, here are a few tips to make it much more easier for you guys:
Some Amazing Tips Before you think about Grocery Shopping:
- Make the grocery list in advance. Write down what you would be preparing for breakfast, lunch, dinner for the entire week and buy groceries according to the menu.
- Leave out junk food/processed food.
- Look for simple ingredients.
- Read ingredient list of packaged products. Leave out those with transfat, added sugar, high sodium content.
- Buy local produce – fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid frozen meat/chicken as much as possible.
- Think about all the nutrient sources that you need – from complex carbs, to protein, healthy fats, and fibre.
- No aerated beverages.
- No refined sugar.
- No refined flour that adds up empty calories to your body.
- No ready-to-eat packages that would have high calories in terms of high sugar and salt content.
- The list below is not of all items you should buy together or at once, pick and choose according to your meal plan and diet for that week.
List of 99 Grocery Items that any Dietician Would Approve:
5. Chia seeds
6. Amaranth seeds
13. Greek yogurt
14. Rolled oats/steel-cut oats.
15. Oatmeal powder.
17. Brown bread/100% whole wheat bread.
24. Paneer/cottage cheese
25. Almond milk
29. Capsicum/Bell peppers
32. Sweet potatoes
39. Leafy green vegetables
40. Whole wheat pasta
41. Brown rice
42. Whole wheat flour
44. Maple syrup
45. Cow’s Ghee
46. Olive oil
47. Coconut oil
51. Dark chocolate
52. Himalayan Pink Salt
53. Rock salt
56. Mixed nuts
57. Sunflower seeds
59. Pumpkin seeds
61. Apple Cider Vinegar
68. Green Tea
75. Coconut milk
76. Black pepper
80. Millets – Kodo, Barnyard, little millet
85. Stevia leaves
86. Black beans
87. Salad dressing
92. Coconut sugar
94. Sesame seeds
95. Coconut powder
96. Srilankan Cinnamon and cumin
97. Sattu (roasted chickpea powder).
98. Coriander leaves
99. Hemp seeds
7 Low-Fat Cooking Oils for Indian Cooking
10 Foods That Burn Fat While You Sleep
7 Delicious and Filling Fat-Burning Snacks
9 Superfoods You Need to Include in Your Diet to Nourish Dry Skin
10 Awesome Habits for a Healthy Lifestyle