The rich formula nourishes, repairs and protects the lip.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Of course, after reading the rather basic product description, you are bound to wonder how this particular lip balm is different from any other lip balm, as they all seem to claim the same thing!
Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax**, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Gylcerides**, Cera Alba/Beeswax**, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides**, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate**, Tacopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate**.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
**Natural origin ingredients.
It wasn’t easy to read the super fine print and the difficult scientific names for all the ingredients, but I wrote them down because I do think that it is rather important for you to know what goes into the product that you are applying directly on your skin.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
I have always been a huge fan of L’Occitane products. There is just some mystique that the brand exudes, quite like the quintessential French brand, this one too has created an aura around itself. I haven’t particularly liked their hair products too much (and I think some of you on IMBB might agree with this), but their creams and this lip balm in particular have really impressed me.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
This lip balm is one of the few products by the brand that I currently own and I must say that it is one of my prized possessions. It is extremely nourishing without being greasy. That’s the best part about this product. I have used A LOT of lip balms (that come in a stick or in a jar/pot) but none of them have been greatly moisturizing AND non-greasy at the same time. This one is.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Pros of L’Occitane Ultra Rich Shea Butter Lip Balm:
- 10% Shea Butter, super nourishing! Great moisturizer even for very dry lips (like mine).
- Non-greasy, lots of moisture and yet no grease! Such a rare feature.
- This is great for using under lipstick. I often need to moisturize my lips before I apply lipstick on. This works so well for that, thanks to all the moisture and no slippery grease! Your lipstick will glide over this without its texture being affected.
- So many natural origin ingredients. Also, obviously, paraben-free.
- I love the packaging! The retractable stick makes this very convenient to use. Unlike other retractable lip balms, this one swivels in and out very smoothly and rules out any scope for damage to the product.
- Very mild, pleasant fragrance.
- Lasts a fairly long time.
Cons of L’Occitane Ultra Rich Shea Butter Lip Balm:
- No SPF: I don’t really think that there is anything “wrong” with the product as such. I really love it. However, I do think that it could have had some SPF. It’s useful for lip balm to have SPF if you intend to wear it during the day. I don’t usually wear this (by itself) in the daytime, but I still could if I use a lipstick that contains SPF. In general, I wear this for a natural nourished look or under lipstick in the evenings.
- No shine, no gloss, no shimmer, no colour. I usually don’t want my lip balm to have any of that. But in case you’re looking for that, then this won’t give you any.
- It’s probably a little too expensive, but I would say that it’s worth the price and therefore worth investing in at least once.
Not specified, but I suppose it will be up to one year if not more.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Rs. 580/- for 5 gm.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Very nourishing lip balm that gives you a soft, natural look. Great to wear with lipstick. No SPF. Slightly expensive, but I think it’s worth it.
4.8/5 (it falls short of 5/5 just because of no SPF).
Disclaimer: I own the 2 gm stick but what is currently available in the market is the 5 gm stick, so don’t worry if the quantity looks too little in the pictures. It’s going to be a lot more for the one that you purchase.
L’Occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap
L’occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream
Loccitane Ultra Rich Conditioner With Shea Butter
L’occitane Hibiscus Flower Ultra Rich Body Cream
L’Occitane Creme De Douche Ultra Rich Shower Cream
Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion with Shea Butter
Jovees Shea Butter Moisturizer with Fruit Extracts
The Body Shop Shea Butter Shower Cream
Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream
Jovees Lip Balm
Biotique Lip Balm and Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel
Avon Naturals Lip Balm Strawberry, Aloe & Cherry
Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm Photos, Swatches