Hope you are all having a lovely week so far. The southwest monsoons having finally kicked in for good in Chennai, the continuous downpour leaving the smell of fresh earth after rains, the best scent in the world. It is great to review an EDP on a pleasant monsoon’s blissful evening like this that sets the mood. It is Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum, a sweet smell sent from heaven. I do not know if it is the smell of the rain or the perfume, but it surely is a desire to have the best of both worlds. Now, moving on to the perfume!
The Eau De Parfum – Lolita Lempicka’s First Fragrance leads us towards an object of desire, a rare olfactory emotion, unexpected yet very familiar. An enchanting, disconcerting, crisp floral fragrance.
Fragrance – The intoxicating nectar of Liquorice flower
A fragrant note of Liquorice combined with Aniseed, Ivy, Violet and Tonka Bean with the sweet rich notes of Amarena Cherry, Vanilla and Praline. This blend gives way to sensual floral notes with Iris and Musk undertones. It is a subtle blend of sensations that stirs the senses.
Tale – The Awakening of Desire
First Fragrance is a fairytale for women. Rich in symbols borrowed from tales of love, it transports us to a world that enchants our daily lives. “I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman.” Lolita Lempicka.
45.90 Euros /3220 INR (approx) for 3.4 fl oz /100 ml
My Experience with Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum:
It smells similar to Victoria’s Secret Amber Romance in terms of fragrance. It also carries a scent similar on the lines of Layer’r Wottagirl Vanilla Twist Body Splash. If you like these body mists, you are sure to love this one! This perfume radiates a sweet candy like smell which spreads a delicate, joyful atmosphere contributed by liquorice nectar and vanilla mostly. The floral and musky notes are not very obvious. The tale is true! The notes are subtle like the mauve and the undertones are very soft yet sensual. Nothing is intense or obvious about the perfume which adds the mystery factor.
It comes in lemon yellow colored box. The bottle is purple in color and made out of textured glass, shaped in the form of an apple with golden colored maple leaves embossed. A rich and tender fragrance that comes in a soft purple color signifying the ‘Liquorice Flower’ that is simply a merry to the eyes. Not a woody or an oriental fragrance dragged from the wild and wet forests and therefore think that it does not suit the monsoons although fragrances are a matter of personal choice.
You might want to spray this rare sweet fragrance for the spring that you have always awaited for. The dry golden delicate notes have made my days beautiful and etched memories that I would always cherish. They have become my personal favorite and I usually do not prefer delicate mild ones, but this one proved to be otherwise. I would like to definitely explore the other variants like Midnight Fragrance, Cherry, Si Lolita, which looks like a solid red Apple from Eve herself and their exclusive range of Lipsticks, EDTs, body lotions and body oils.
Pros of Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum:
• Luxurious packaging which is a visual treat
• Fragrance notes – rich, sweet, floral with a delicate calming effect
• A delicate fragrance combo for sensitive noses
• Premium price label that cannot be pinged upon yet not too heavily priced, affordable collection
Cons of Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum:
• The fragrance notes could have been specified briefly on the box
• Availability in India
• Lasting power could have been better
• Does not strictly have a cap or a lid
• Tricky to use and too small, although there is no room for excess spritz, does not favor rush hours
• The blend of fragrances has a scope for improvement
4.8/5 (not a very strong fragrance for my standards, but the packaging stole the spotlight)
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum?
I would repurchase it and the rest of its variants, if I am lucky. I desire to deck up all of them on my dresser. If you can afford a fairytale fragrance in the form of a bottle, at least try and catch hold of the miniature apple.
The wish fairy whispers, a tale worthy of for a perfumista who would like to stash a sweet candy for her upcoming season. It is never too late to reach out for this forbidden dream come true fruit for your beautiful self.
• Not exactly easy to pocket or carry around. Miniature collection could be a solution
• Perfect premium ‘Gift for Her’ options
• Choose fragrances as per the occasion, mood and season in case of gifting and usage
• Best suited fragrance for spring and fall
• Do not get mixed with Lolita Lempicka’s First Fragrance and Eau de Julie which an EDT. The packaging is quite similar
• Pair it up with body mists that is more on the creamy end like Victoria’s Secret ‘Amber Romance’ or Wottagirl’s Vanilla Twist
• Dab good amount of the product on the pulse points- below your ear, wrist, neck and inside your elbow joints
Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm–Pink Lolita
Kat Von D Lolita Everlasting Liquid Lipstick
L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in Lolita
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum
Versace Woman Eau de Parfum
Estee Lauder Modern Muse Chic Eau De Parfum
Top 10 Perfumes For Brides
How To Choose The Right Perfume
Favourite Perfumes of Bollywood Actresses