WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Every time I went to any parlor to get a haircut, my hair-dresser would ask me the following questions_ “What shampoo do you use?”,
“Do you use a conditioner?” and when I would name my shampoo, all of them, without fail, said the same thing__ that I should use L’Oreal’s Professional Range for dry and damaged hair. This shampoo is called “Absolut Repair” and I will review it today for the readers of IMBB.
Now, this shampoo is for people who have dry, frizzy, damaged, unmanageable hair like I do. So, if your tresses are giving you sleepless nights and before going out anywhere, all you think about is how are you going to style your hair, L’Oreal’s Absolut Repair is your answer.
QUANTITY: 250 ml
Usage Life: 30 months
Claim: Part of the expert series, the shampoo that is enriched with NEOFIBRINE claims to be designed to restructure and protect the hair fibre. The hair, as a result, regains strength, shine and is revitalized.
The Packaging: The packaging is attractive and functional as well. The small hole ensures that you do not end up wasting your oh-so-expensive shampoo in case you are not that careful.
Directions for Use:
1. On damp hair, take a generous amount of the product.
2. Apply to form lather.
3. Massage your hair in circular movements to increase blood circulation.
4. After a few minutes, rinse thoroughly and wash it.
5. Repeat the process if necessary.
Caution: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.
Application: Shampooing thrice a week is necessary. Also make sure that you are using the right amount. Besides, this is for people with dry and damaged hair. So, do not use this shampoo if you have oily hair because it will just make it greasy and oilier.
My Take On The Product:
The shampoo is surfactant based which enables proper cleaning of the scalp and the mane. Besides the neofibrine is a unique combination of bio-mimetic ceramide, shine perfecting agent and a UV filter for hair. The bio-mimetic ceramide, as I researched on the net, is the attempt to replace natural ceramide that gets destroyed, by producing artificial ceramide and therefore the name bio-mimetic. After years of research, various tests conducted by the L’Oreal Institutes finally proved that ceramide helps in repairing and restoring the cuticle and therefore, ensure a smoother and finer hair. The additional presence of UV protection is also extremely important in today’s world of pollution and erratic weather.
I bought this three months back on recommendation from various hair experts as stated earlier and I am happy about the buy. I have to admit that I did consider giving it a miss when I saw that it costs Rs.475 for just 250 ml, but I decided to take the plunge and give it a try. Since then, my hair does feel softer, less frizzy and more manageable. It is not that all my hair related woes are gone, far from that, but at least some improvement is visible, which many other shampoos miserably failed to do so.
The Good Of Loreal Absolut Repair Shampoo With Neofibrine:
• Since it is for salon use, the quality is definitely better than the ones available in market, even those marketed by L’Oreal for commercial sale.
• The packaging has the directions for use and the basic ingredients written in three languages- English, French and Spanish. Thus, it is customer friendly and not restrictive.
• It has Neofibrine consisting of bio-mimetic ceramide and UV filter which improves the quality of the tresses.
• It has a nice mild smell that stays for a long time.
• It makes the hair softer, gives a nice shine and definitely lessens frizzy and flying hairs.
• The consistency is thick and this makes application easy and fast.
The Bad of Loreal Absolut Repair Shampoo With Neofibrine:
• Priced at Rs.475, it is definitely on the expensive side.
• One has to pour out a good quantity; smaller amounts do not generally suffice.
• It does not have a smaller pack of 100 ml or less for the purpose of trial.
My Rating: 4/5
Will I buy Again? Yes. My biggest nightmare is my hair and therefore, I will buy and use it again to lessen the degree of this nightmare as much as possible.
Have you used Loreal Absolut Repair Shampoo With Neofibrine ? Please rate in the box below
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
Loreal Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo
L’oreal Professional Serie Expert Force Vector Shampoo
L’Oreal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner