Hi Everyone, 🙂
I have been using the L’oreal Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo for a while and here’s my review. 🙂
Claims : Texturising dry shampoo. Create big airy volume and fresh texture with light style control. Instantly makes hair feel and smell fresh. Long lasting effect.
Directions : Shake before use. Spray onto the roots and work in the product evenly. To restore volume spray approximately 20 cm away from hair. Brush your hair to remove any excess product.
My Experience :
I bought a dry shampoo because I go to the gym atleast 4 days a week and I was shampooing my hair way too many times during the week. Not only it is not advised to shampoo your hair daily, the whole process of drying them up and then styling them was too much of a task. I saw this at a salon the other day and I had to give it a go. It’s my first dry shampoo so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I absolutely love this product. 🙂
So before I start this is how my hair looks. It’s a day old hair after using the dry shampoo. But I went to the gym the day before so my roots were a bit greasy. Pretty good I’d say.
And just for the review purpose I didn’t wash my hair for another 2 days. Very bad but I couldn’t help it. 😛 Last evening I had to go meet a friend and my hair looked like a grease ball. So I used it and it totally freshened up my hair. Since my hair were very greasy it did not add volume but my hair looked decent. Not oily atleast. I tied my hair up in a pony and mainly concentrated spraying the dry shampoo on the front and side sections of my hair. My hair didn’t look greasy at all. Although I would say that heaviness of unwashed hair was still there. I’d still give it a big thumbs up because there was no way I could have gone out with the hair I had yesterday evening.
I’d would also like to mention that depending on the dry shampoo for a whole week is not a best thing to do. One, because it’s after all a chemical product and you would want to wash it off to get rid of the build up. Two, this is not a solution for the fresh washed hair. It’s more like a substitute product for your regular hair washing once in a while.
Coming to the Pros and Cons
- It’s a great product for emergency when you don’t have time to wash your hair.
- It’s pretty easy to use. Just spray it on your roots from distance and it would soak up the oil for your roots and leave your hair fresh.
- Smells quite refreshing.
- Adds a bit of texture to the hair. Also, if you hair is not too oily, it would also add volume to hair.
- Does not have any color. It’s pretty much a hair spray.
- Haven’t cause any hair fall or any irritation on my scalp.
- Comes in an easy spray bottle. It’s sleek so you can travel with it. Although I’d love if they come in smaller packs as well.
- Is transparent.
- It lasts all day long on me. But I guess that would also depend on how quickly your scalp gets oily. I don’t have an oily scalp in general.
- Full of chemicals. Contains alcohol.
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum Liss Ultime
L’Oreal Professionnel Play Ball Silky Sunrise Serum Spray
L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Liss Control Plus Smoothing Serum
L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Force Vector Glycocell Reinforcing Anti-Breakage Masque
L’Oreal Professionnel Series Expert Liss Ultime Masque
L’Oreal Professional Liss Ultime Heat Protectant
L’oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Conditioner with Neofibrine
L’oreal Professionnel Crystal Gloss Tecni Art
L’oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil-nourish Shampoo Review
Toni & Guy Refresh-it Dry Shampoo Review
How to Make Dry Shampoo at Home
Suave Dry Shampoo Spray Review
Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo Review