I am still in search of my Hg shampoo. There is something peculiar I find about shampoos. Even if a shampoo suits me over time it tends to disagree with my hair. Somewhere I read that if you keep using the same shampoo for a long period of time, the chemicals tend to deposit on the hair and scalp and hence, the build up gives you all the troubles. So, even if you have found your HG shampoo wash occasionally with a different shampoo to get rid of the deposits of the chemicals.Scarlett has already reviewed the L’Oreal Nutri-gloss shampoo. Today I’ll be reviewing it’s counter part, the L’Oreal Nutri-gloss Conditioner. Let me tell you the shampoo and the conditioner has worked for me but not as a daily shampoo. I keep it as an occasional use shampoo when I want my mane to look lustrous and soft with a good body. Here is my review of it
Price: 150 INR
Quantity: 180 INR
Shelf life: 36 months from the date of manufacture
Ingredients: Take a look
They also claim to contain pearl protein and somewhere on the body is written in tiny font size pearl protein derivatives.
What the company claims? The company claims a lot of things. I have taken the shots
The claim doesn’t stop here only
It also claims some proven results
- Mirror shine, cashmere touch
- detangles instantly without weighing hair down
- smoother, the surface of the hair captured and reflects the shine better
- perfectly nourished , the hair fibre becomes stronger, and more dynamic. Your hair looks revived.
Directions for use:
Why I like it?
1) It makes my hair soft
2) My hair looked dull and it makes my hair visibly shinier too.
3) My hair is fine. But this adds body and volume to my hair
4) I usually follow up this conditioner after I have used its shampoo. And when I blow dry afterwards, my hair really looks perfect, without frizzes, without too many fly aways.
5) I like the consistency. Its neither too thick unlike the Himalaya ones which are a pain to take out from the bottle. Its neither too runny. Just the perfect consistency to take out everything at ease.
6) And last of all it doesn’t make my hair limp, at least not after I have washed the hair and doesn’t weigh my hair down.
So, I find the claims more or less true for my case.
Why I don’t like it?
1) True it makes my hair shinier, etc, but after a day or two it makes my hair sticky and limp.
2) I get a feeling it has got too much of beeswax. Because, I feel like there is a kind of deposit on my hair and scalp after I washed my hair. May that is the cause of taming the flyaways and frizzes if you see what I mean.
3) Moreover, after approximately three days my scalp stats feeling itchy. I have no major dandruff issues although I’m getting it this winter. I don’t know why.. so, I would rather keep this as my summer product
My verdict: I might repurchase the conditioner but not the shampoo. And I would still keep it as my occasional use conditioner. I prefer the Himalaya conditioners better than this one.
Do I recommend? Not really. I’m myself not too sure if I am going to but this again so I won’t recommend this to you as well.
My rating: keeping in mind the temporary effect it leaves in my hair :-* :-*
Have you used
21 thoughts on “L’Oreal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner Review”
nice review!! i was planning to buy it for my mum but now i won’t buy this.. thanks for the review!!! 🙂
Nivedita…..I have used an erringly similar pearl protein wala leave-in conditioner that claimed something similar but was a terrible product………….it stank so badly in the hair :doctor: :doctor:
i hated this range itself, its not worth….
All Loreal shampoos give perfect smoothing, shining glossing anti dandruff etc etc effect….but only for 2-3 hours 😀 😀
hey the quantity is listed as 180 INR. i guess it should be ML or something like that?
i am not very fussy with shampoos, i personally love all from the loreal range. this one has such a pretty, pink packaging! but, i’ve seen that it’s difficult finding larger conditioner bottles in the market. goes for all brands. everyone stocks small bottles. what’s the point of buying a huge bottle of shampoo that lasts for a long time and a tiny conditioner bottle that needs to be replaced every few weeks?
oh and i wash my hair everyday. probably that’s why most shampoos seem to work just fine for me.
as well as conditioners
good conditoner 🙂 i hope u dont use the conditioner on ur scalp…cos u mentioned u feel itchy after few days…ive read that its best to apply it starting from the ear level down to the ends..
Hfor some reason this did not work for me… this range made my oily scalp and dry hair… reaaaaaaaaaallly rough and dry… and no shine at all 🙁 it ruined my hair in one wash… but this range has already been reviewed other wise I would have given *dishum dishum* to nutrigloss
i had tried this
it did nothing for me
I tried this one – made my hair limpy limpy- even though I have frizzy hair….
I like my herbal essences…nice review.. :yes:
Nice review Nivedita! :waytogo: I use L’oreal salon range shampoo and conditioner for special occasions. It gives me soft shiny hair upto 2-3 days after wash. Its true that chemicals from shampoo and conditioner build up in the hair and inhibit the function of the same product.
To remove this buildup, try washing your hair with Baking Soda once every 2-3 weeks. Just mix Baking Soda( soda not powder) with equal quantity water to make a paste and apply it to hair, leave for 2-3 min and wash off. It acts as a shampoo, removes chemical buildup and makes hair really soft. You can finish off with Apple Cider Vinegar rinse instead of conditioner. I have not tried the Vinegar but the baking soda really works for me! Hope this helps