I keep experimenting a lot with makeup, but I haven’t been able to mingle with eyeshadows! But I got really tempted to buy this new launch from L’Oreal the moment I saw it online. L’Oreal has launched 2 shades in the “La Palette” range, and they are Beige and Rose. I am starting with the Beige variant and Rashmita will be following up with the Rose variant. So let’s start!
L’Oréal Paris Color Riche La Palette consists of a symphony of tones specifically chosen by our make up designers to create your own glamorous & sophisticated eye looks. Our eyeshadow palette of 10 shades will help you to create effortless eye looks. From neutral mattes to rich shimmers, create timeless looks for any occasion.
L’Oréal Paris La Palette Nude Beige consists of a unique selection of 10 intense and seductive
colours, from light creams and tans to deep, smoky browns and blacks, allowing you to unleash your creativity and create multiple nude eye looks.
Our eyeshadow palette of 10 nude shades will help you to create effortless nude eye looks. With smooth and easy application, explore the full spectrum and discover a sophisticated way to wear nude.
How to Use:
1. Prep you lid with color riche eye primer.
2. With the foam brush, apply the darkest shade all along the upper and lower lid, spreading the texture towards the lash line.
3. Using the bristle brush, apply the lightest shade to the inner corner of your eye lid then layer similar colours toward the outer corner of the eye, finishing with the darkest at the outside edge.
4. When slightly moistened with a concealer or foundation the brush acts like an eraser, refining and cleaning the eye contour area. Powder the whole area along the defined shape for longer wear.
5. Finish by applying a L’Oréal Paris mascara and for a more sultry effect, define eyes with a L’Oréal Paris eye liner.
My Experience with L’Oreal Paris Color Riche La Palette Beige:
The L’oreal la palette comes in a compact and small sized black packaging. The palette looks very basic and the size is almost of a chocolate bar. I wish the packaging was a bit more fun, but it’s L’Oreal, so I know that they like to keep up to that sophisticated image. The palette is pretty smaller than what I had expected. It has a nice big mirror in it which is great for touch-ups. The brush is dual-ended, with the brush at one end and a sponge application at the other end. Overall the packaging has no flaws.
The palette has 10 eyeshadow shades; while some belong to the matte category, some are shimmery. There is one off white shade which works great for highlighting purpose, then there is one light yellow kind of a shade which would work well as a highlighter too. Then there are 3 shimmery shades which are taupe, bronze and copper which will be some great shades for the festive season. While the others are matte and flesh-toned and hence they take good number of swipes to show up and some really don’t even show up.
Pigmentation and texture:
The texture of the eyeshadows is super smooth and they just glide on my eyes very easily. They do not cause any fall-out at all which is really great since the look is clean and crisp. But I am really disappointed with the pigmentation. The matte shades which are nearly nude or brown; do not show up on my eyes at all. They are not highly buildable because they just blend in with my skin-tone. Only the shimmery shades and the darker shades have nice pigmentation. I think the pigmentation and the shade variation could have been better.
The shimmery and darker shades stay for like 4-5 hours without a primer and probably an hour more with the primer. The lighter shades stay for 3 hours and then fade away. I wish the lasting power was more on its own since the palette is definitely expensive.
A decent eyeshadow palette, but the Makeup Revolution ones work better for me!
Eye Makeup Looks:
Pros of L’Oreal Paris Color Riche La Palette Beige:
• Easily available
• Handy and compact packaging
• A nice big mirror for easy touch-ups
• 10 different shades to create different eye looks
• Beautiful shades for every-day wear
• They don’t crease or cause much fall-out
• They stay put for like 4-5 hours
Cons of L’Oreal Paris Color Riche La Palette Beige:
• A lot of shades do not show up much on my eyes
• The shades blend in and create just one shade; so it is impossible to create a perfect smokey eyes look
• The matte brown shades blend in with my skin
• Pretty expensive as compared to other eyeshadow palettes (but hey, it’s L’Oreal)
• The size of the palette is pretty small, hence the quantity is less too
Would I Repurchase/Recommend L’Oreal Paris Color Riche La Palette Beige?
No, I wouldn’t get it because I have tried so many better palettes than this one. I would any time prefer the Makeup Revolution palettes which are much more pigmented than this and offer more shade variations.
I think the Beige variant did not work as well because it has ample of nude shades that blend with the skin. Let’s see how the Rose variant shows up on the skin.
L’Oreal Colour Riche La Palette – Nude 01
L’Oreal Colour Riche La Palette Nude – Nude 02
L’Oreal Color Riche Lip Liner Couture Berry Blush
10 Best Products from L’oreal Paris
L.A. Colors True Beige Liquid Makeup
7 Chic Outfits You can Pair with Beige Footwear to Look Drop-Dead Gorgeous
Rimmel London #002 Bulletproof Beige Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick
Dior Vernis Extreme Wear Nail Lacquer- 219 Beige Safari
3 thoughts on “L’Oreal Paris Color Riche La Palette Beige Review”
what a lovely eotd saloni. i like how simple and sweet the look it is. :)) Sad the palette did not live up to the expectation. It looks sooo stunning. 😐 i think i get you on the shades part. i face the same problem with my urban decay palette as well. this one : https://makeupandbeauty.com/urban-decay-naked2-basics-palette-review-swatch-fotd/
good review :))
Maybelline nudes palette is way better than this one!
I bought this palette a couple of months back and did not like it. The problem is the same, a lot of colors blend with my skin and do not show.