Skin Type: Oily and Sensitive
L’Oreal Paris has finally launched its ‘Pure Clay’ masks range in India and I was super excited to try these. This Pure Clay range has three masks – Purify and Mattify, Detox and Brighten, and Exfoliate and Refine. But the brand has launched only two variants in India. Since I have oily skin I picked up the Purify and Mattify mask. The Exfoliate and Refine Mask is already reviewed on IMBB and you must check it out. Now let’s get started with this review.
Price: INR 850 for 48 g
• Transform Skin in Just 10 Minutes. 3 Pure Clays and Eucalyptus. For Oily and Shiny Skin.
• Indulgent. Transformative. Perfectly Clean. L’Oréal Paris Skin Experts have created a super-charged Pure-Clay face mask for clogged pores with the power of Eucalyptus to purify and mattify your skin in just 10 minutes. Our fresh, indulgent eucalyptus skin care formula provides a soothing and refreshing spa-like experience, while powerful pure clays penetrate deep to remove impurities and unclog pores. Purify & Mattify Pure-Clay Mask addresses your shiny and oily skin to reveal clarified, mattified, and refreshed complexion. Immediately Skin appears purified and healthier. Skin looks less shiny and excess oil is reduced. Pores seem tightened and less visible, without over-drying.
• Use After Use. Skin looks re-energized and refreshed. Skin complexion appears fresher. Skin is visibly healthier and more beautiful.
My Experience with L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Purify and Mattify Mask:
This Pure Clay mask comes in a pretty green paper box with all the details about the product. The actual face mask comes in a small glass jar with a green plastic cap. Since it is a glass jar it is quite heavy and not very travel-friendly, but it looks very nice. It also has a nice protective lid to keep the mask covered.
Here you can see a pretty white box which I got from the store and this box contained an applicator brush as well. I got it as a gift from the store but you might not get it. Now, this jar contains only 48 g of product, which is pretty less for the high price you pay. So, it is quite an expensive mask.
As the name suggests, it is a clay mask. It has a true clay-like texture – very thick and a little sticky – that glides well and spreads evenly. But due to its thick consistency and the texture, it dries quite fast. So I need to apply this quickly. It goes on well and the texture is super smooth and soft but wish it didn’t dry so fast.
This clay mask has a green color and a refreshing smell, which the brand suggests is of eucalyptus. It is a very refreshing fragrance and won’t bother anyone. My skin is super oily and was suffering from a lot of pimples and then I had fallen sick also. So basically my skin was super dull when I started using this mask. Also, since the weather is super hot and humid, oily skin tends to turn dull and lifeless in no time.
This mask turned out to be my perfect weekend treatment. It totally brought the glow of my skin back. I usually prefer to use this mask in the evening. I apply an even layer of this mask on my face. I avoid my eye area and keep the mask on for around 15 minutes. Then, I wash my face with normal water; it gets rinsed quite easily, by the way.
My skin was super dull but this mask delivered noticeable changes right from the first use. My super oily skin turned matte and looked a lot more smoother and softer. I honestly noticed glow and freshness on my face. It drew out all the impurities and made my skin super clean.
If you have large pores and they get clogged because of dust or pollution, you must try a good purifying mask like this one. It draws out all impurities and excess oil from the pores, giving your face a cleaner and clearer appearance. This mask unclogged my pores and made my skin super smooth. My skin feels soft to touch and revived each time I use this mask.
This mask also provided a good amount of hydration and didn’t dry out my skin. This mask might not be suitable for super dry skin during winters but otherwise it will suit all skin types. Even my mom tried it on her dry skin and it worked well for her. This mask has never broken me out and, in fact, has reduced my pimples a bit.
Overall, I am totally enjoying this new face mask as it works so well on my oily skin. I am just loving the effect. It is a perfect weekend treatment as it repairs dull skin well. As per the brand, this mask can be used up to three times a week but that’s not possible for me. I use it once a week and still it won’t last me long since the quantity is too less. Still, I feel it is worth the money as it does everything it claims.
Pros of L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Purify and Mattify Mask:
• Refreshing fragrance.
• Smooth clay-like texture.
• Spreads smoothly and evenly.
• Dries quickly.
• Easy to rinse off.
• No burning sensation – perfect for sensitive skin.
• Mattifies and purifies the skin
• Makes skin smoother, softer and healthier.
• Removes dullness and adds a bright glow.
• Cleanses the pores well.
• Removes excess oil from skin.
• A perfect mask for oily skin.
Cons of L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Purify and Mattify Mask:
• Expensive for the quantity provided.
IMBB Rating: 4.7/5
Will I Repurchase/Recommend L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Purify and Mattify Mask?
Yes to both.
L’Oreal Paris Pure-Clay Mask Exfoliate and Refining Treatment Mask
L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo
L’Oreal Hydrafresh Hydration + Antiox Active Night Mask-In Jelly
L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask
L’oreal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Pink Lip Palette
Dove Refresh+Care Detox and Purify Dry Shampoo
Tutorial : How to Mattify Your Lipstick
The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask
Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
7 Clay Mask Rules You must Follow for Great Skin