I have been using the shampoo and the conditioner of this L’oreal range for almost 6 months now. I have even done a review of the shampoo which you can find here and I have been thinking of reviewing the conditioner, but somehow missed out on this one. So, today I am going to review it for my IMBB friends.
Well, I have seen that dry and frizzy hair is the problem of many women, especially those living in the Indian subcontinent. The same is my problem as well which is why I decided to choose these high-end range of products from L’oreal.
Details about L’oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair conditioner with Neofibrine:
Rs. 580 for 200 ml.
For the list of ingredients, please see the image below.
This is what L’oreal claims about the conditioner:
• Repairs and nourishes the devitalized hair fibers.
• Hair is left revitalized, soft and shiny.
• It contains NeoFibrine which is a unique combination of Bio-Mimetic Ceramide, natural wax, shine perfecting agent and a UV filter for hair.
Directions For Use:
• Apply and message into towel-dried hair.
• Leave in for 2-3 minutes.
• Rinse thoroughly.
• In case of contact with eyes, immediately splash water.
My Take on L’oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair conditioner with Neofibrine:
In the article on the shampoo, I have written about the importance of Bio-Mimetic Ceramide on the hair. An extract from there:
The bio-mimetic ceramide, as I researched on the net, is the attempt to replace natural ceramide that gets destroyed, by producing artificial ceramide and therefore the name bio-mimetic. After years of research, various tests conducted by the L’Oreal Institutes finally proved that ceramide helps in repairing and restoring the cuticle and therefore, ensure a smoother and finer hair. The additional presence of UV protection is also extremely important in today’s world of pollution and erratic weather.
The conditioner is really nice. I use it whenever I shampoo and since my hair is really dry, I keep it for around 5 minutes, rather than the 2-3 minutes prescribed by the company. Also, another process that I have been using for a month now and which has really worked wonders for my hair is using the Himalaya Protein Cream. What I do is apply the Himalaya Protein Cream on my hair the night before. The next morning, I normally shampoo my hair with L’oreal Absolut repair and then apply the conditioner. This has really improved the texture of my hair; however, the conditioner in itself is also very good. It makes the hair manageable and gives it a soft and smooth touch.
Pros of L’oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair conditioner with Neofibrine:
• It makes the hair soft and smooth.
• When applied along with another hair cream, it works wonders for the hair.
• A little quantity is enough. I have been using it for more than 5 months now.
• Its use in salon and high price makes it a better product than commercial products.
• It has a nice, mild smell which won’t overpower you, but will give you a soothing fragrance as well.
• I like the tub packaging. It allows me to take out the quantity I desire and unlike a tube, I don’t have to press hard or bruise my hand trying to take the product out.
Cons of L’oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair conditioner with Neofibrine:
• It is definitely highly priced.
• Though it makes the hair smooth and soft, there is no added shine that the conditioner provides.
• It contains mehtylparaben.
• Availability might be a problem for people living in towns which do not have too many L’oreal salons.
Will I Buy this Again?
I want to try the Matrix Biolage conditioner and serum. If I do not like that, I will definitely come back to this.
Loreal Professional TEC Liss Control Hair Serum
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour
L’Oreal Absolut Repair Neofibrine HairCream
HeatProtectant Spray / Serum under Rs 1000 : Ask IMBB
Fab India Aloe Vera Protein Conditioner
Biotique Bio Watercress Fresh Nourishing Conditioner
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo
Shampoo for Damaged Hair : Ask IMBB
Boots Seawood Conditioner
Avon Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Conditioner
The Body Shop Rainforest ShineConditioner
Khadi Herbal Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey
L’Oreal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner
Oriflame Hairx Daily Care Leave-inConditioner
Sunsilk HairFall Solution Shampoo
Dove Intense Damage Therapy- Shampoo and Conditioner
Richfeel Scalp Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner
Revlon Aqua Marine Hair Conditioner
Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American CreamConditioner
The Body Shop Olive Glossing Shampoo
L’Oreal Absolut Repair Neofibrine HairCream
Loreal Absolut Repair Shampoo With Neofibrine