WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Considering our requirement for sunscreen and our actual utilization of the same leave a large gap in between, it is essential for us to use products that add to the sunscreen factor. We buy products with sunscreen, say SPF 30 PA+++, however, the amount we actually apply, may not give us protection worth SPF 30. So, what do we need to do, we need to layer. If our moisturizer, our foundation, our pressed powder, etc. also have sunscreen. It bolsters the protection our skin gets. In keeping with this endeavor, I picked this Duo Powder Foundation from Bangkok from the Loreal RevitaliftAnti-Ageing series – this has SPF 30 PA+++ protection. Lets check out how this fared…
The Product Details (from the website):
Instant youth with just one swipe of powder
Soften lines, reduce wrinkles and illuminates features.
1. The finest coverage:
The ultra-gentle powder foundation, with Adenosine, focuses out fine lines and wrinkles.
Signs of ageing are corrected instantly for a clean, natural complexion all day.
2. Lifting finish:
With Features Defining Highlighter for a luminous and lifted complexion with a touch of light on nose and cheekbones.
INR 940(post conversion from Thai Baht)
The product comes in a cute red compact – with a built in mirror (decent size) and a sponge that has its own perforated tray on the side. The perforations help the sponge to remain dry and aired. The compact comes packaged in a golden cardboard box. I feel Loreal puts in a lot of thought into the aesthetics of its packaging. Their packaging generally equates to a high-end brands. This one is no exception. Love the red compact!
My experience with L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Ageing Duo Powder Foundation
The product is finely milled, very smooth, lightweight and blendable. It is pigmented enough to provide medium coverage by hide blemishes and scares but wont hide something like tattoos.
Since it is a drugstore brand, I could not test it on my face, only on my arm. I tried this product a couple of times and could not continue using it coz the shade is a tad bit light for my skintone.
On application, I noticed the following things:
• The shade was a bit light for me. I am NC 30-35 in MAC. This is likely to suit someone who is NC 25-30.
• It goes on sheer but there is enough pigmentation to tell that the colour is a tad light for me.
• Provides medium coverage.
• Its not chalky – rather, extremely smooth and blendable. I used my Real Techniques Expert face brush to apply it.
• I could use this as a setting powder – using my powder brush – for a light dusting – the colour difference is not as visible then
• However, when I use the sponge (provided with it) or the expert face brush – to use it as a powder foundation – the colour seems off
• I don’t think it hides the signs of ageing – unless we are talking of skin pigmentation. However, it is so fine and light that it does not settle into the fine lines of your face and/or accentuate it.
• The coverage it provides is matte
• The compact block has a small strip with a lighter shade – to be used as highlighter. It can be used for light dusting under the eyes or bridge of the nose – this too is matte and is not a traditional highlighter with shimmer.
The product would work well for someone with lighter skin tone– both as a powder foundation or a setting powder.
To sum this up for you:
Pros of L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Ageing Duo Powder Foundation:
1. Powder Foundation with skincare benefits
2. SPF 30 PA +++
3. Coverage – Sheer to medium
4. Finish – Matte
5. Covers skin redness effectively
6. Extremely light, finely milled and blendable.
7. Lasted for about 6-6.5hours
8. It did not break me out
9. It did not settle in the fine lines on my face – very light and airy.
10. Easy to carry, adorably cute compact
Cons of L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Ageing Duo Powder Foundation:
1. For me, the colour is a con – it doesn’t match mine.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5 product.
I hate the fact that the colour is a mis-match because the powder is great, with the added bonus of SPF 30/ PA +++ and a cute compact. I hope it launches soon in India and I can pick a darker shade!
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lasting Perfecting Foundation
L’oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipstick – Marguerite
L’oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Tender Berry (519)
L’Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipstick – Zinfandel
8 L’oreal Infallible Lipstick
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick Raspberry
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)
Chanel Stylo Yeux Long Lasting Eyeliner Ebene #10
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick 070 Airy Fairy
L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Perfecting Foundation
Organic Surge Skin Perfecting Polish
Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation in Medium
Clarins Smooth Perfecting Touch
Bourjois Bio Detox Perfecting Powder
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation
Loreal True Match Foundation
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup