With two toddlers running wild, I don’t get much time to do full makeup – makes it difficult for me to work out FOTDs for my reviews, but I do like to give full FOTDs for you to be able to clearly see how a product looks once applied. Considering the paucity of time, I am always on the lookout for products to reduce the time spent on applying makeup, that’s my reason for searching high and low for a good quality BB cream. Anyway, BB creams is a different story.
When I came across this product, I jumped, here was something clubbing benefits of foundation, SPF 20 PA ++ and a serum that targets fine lines and gives instant lift. What’s not to love? I had to try this! Again, the product has been launched in south East Asia, yet to enter India. I picked it up in Bangkok during my last visit.
Instant lifting liquid texture for the look and feel of lifted, firmed and toned skin. An advanced anti-wrinkle liquid foundation enriched with elastin to recover firmness to skin contains collagen and hyaluronic acid for a re-plumping and nourishing effect infused with Vitamin E to combat external aggressors Plus Pro-Vitamin B5 and Vitamin A to regenerate skin while preventing it from drying visbily reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Creates a lifted, sleeker, brighter and younger looking complexion. Your skin regains its youthful appearance.
Elastin: Well known for its skin firming and smoothing properties. Pro Retinol: Reduces the appearances of wrinkles and fine lines. Unique liquid texture, lifting and sculpting effect. Does not set into the fine lines or wrinkles.
INR 1300 for 30 ml (post conversion from Thai Baht).
It comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump and a cap to protect the pump spout. The bottle is transparent, so you can see how much product is still in the bottle. All in all, I find the packaging neat, practical and hygienic. I don’t like packaging like MAC Studio Fix which comes without a pump (shell out extra INR 500 for the pump) or even MAC Prolongwear/Matchmaster, which do have a pump, but the dispensing mouth is always exposed (does not have a cover) – it’s unhygienic.
My Experience with L’Oreal Revitalift Serum Inside Liquid Foundation:
A brief on my skin type – I have oily and sensitive skin, extremely prone to acne. So, I invariably have some new/old acne marks and a bit of redness. Considering I am on the wrong side of 30, I have fine lines around my eyes and I battle dullness of skin from time to time.
I picked the darkest colour that was available #330 – only 4 shades were available – rest seemed too light for me. Since it is a drugstore brand, I could not test it on my face, only on my arm. The first thing which I noticed was that it was slightly yellow toned and not pink toned. On our Indian complexion, pink toned foundations look ashy.
One pump is sufficient to cover face and blend into the neck. On application, I noticed the following things:
- The shade was a bit light for me. I am NC 30-35 in MAC. This is likely to suit someone who is NC 25-30.
- I am able to sheer it out and blend into my skin, but it results in lesser coverage.
- The coverage I got post sheering it (because of the colour mismatch, else I wouldn’t need to sheer it so much) was still sufficient to even out the skin tone and hide redness of the skin. However, it did not effectively conceal the acne blemishes. Refer pics for the before and after foundation.
- If I did not need to sheer, it would give medium amount of coverage and hide the blemishes too.
- It is not a matte foundation, it makes the skin bright and healthy looking. I tend to use setting powder on all my foundations, unless I am categorically going for a dewy or lit from within look, which is fairly rare for me.
- Face seems brighter, not whiter; but actually brighter.
I am unable to vouch for the efficacy of the serum since I did not use it more than 2-3 times because of the colour mismatch. However, having used L’Oreal skincare line, including their Revitalist series (reviews pending) – I found the results mediocre, not life-changing.
The product would work well for someone with lighter skin tone and who uses foundation daily (like someone working in an office job) since the results of the skin care would be visible only with continuous usage, not once a week kind of usage.
To sum this up for you:
Pros of L’Oreal Revitalift Serum Inside Liquid Foundation:
- Foundation with skin care benefits.
- SPF 20 PA ++
- Coverage – sheer to medium.
- Finish – makes skin seem brighter and alive – satin finish.
- Covers skin redness effectively.
- Leaves no residue or stickiness on the face.
- Lasted for about 6 to 6.5 hours.
- It did not break me out.
- It did not settle in the fine lines on my face.
- Easy to dispense, bottle with pump packaging.
- Easy to store and carry.
Cons of L’Oreal Revitalift Serum Inside Liquid Foundation:
- For me, the colour is a con, it doesn’t match mine.
If the colour was not a mis-match, I would definitely have used this product. I hope they come up with better shade selection by the time they are ready to launch in India.
L’Oreal Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Day Cream
L’Oreal Revitalift Anti Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream
L’Oreal Revitalift Rejuvenating Cleansing Rich Makeup Removing Milk
Shahnaz Husain Saffron Skin Serum
How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home
Revlon Age Defying Deep Re-shaping Face and Contour Serum
Origins Mega Mushroom Face Serum
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation
Lakme Perfecting Liquid Foundation
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
Faces Canada Sheer Radiance Liquid Foundation