WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Loreal Total Repair 5 Hair Masque Review
Hello, in this post I will be reviewing Loreal Hair masque. Surprisingly no body has reviewed this product . it was Mrunmayee who asked for a review and happy as I am with this purchase of mine I am going to literally rave about this. Now this hair masque is supposed to deep condition. According to sanjeev’s blog let me remind you
Deep conditioners: For dry, frizzy hair. They are more concentrated than the instant conditioners and are applied for 20 – 30 minutes before rinsing. But use deep conditoning only once a week.(Sanjeev)
My hair is really damaged from long exposure to sun as on weekdays I have to regularly walk for about 20 minutes in the sun because there’s no other means of commutation. And I noticed in the last 1 year my hair has turned from silky to coarse, rough ‘jharoo’. And I am always on the lookout for some miracle product for my hair. However, miracle products are only found miraculously. So, when this hair masque was launched I was pretty skeptic about this. Let me now come to the point straight.
What Loreal claims about the hair masque: “New Total Repair 5 Mask with ceramide-cement, the masque repairs and intensely nourishes your hair.
Proven Results: Day after day, your hair is rerepaired and protected from the 5 signs of hair damage:
1)hair fall (due to breakage) 2)Dryness 3)Roughness 4)Dullness 5) Split ends.”
So it is supposed to address all the major issues that we face everyday.
Price: 325 INR
I got it for around 300 INR as I bought this from Pantaloons using my membership card.
Shelf-life: 36 months
I have no clue if this composition is good or bad for your hair although I did not like the idea of alcohol in the composition. Alcohol is chemically a dehydrating agent as my rudimentary knowledge of chemistry goes.
Direction for use: Gently massage into washed and towel-dried hair. Leave in for 2 minutes for intensive treatment, then rinse.
Note that it is to be left on for only 2 minutes and to be used on towel-died hair unlike your regular conditioner.
Now the pros and the cons
The Pros of Loreal total Repair 5 Hair masque
- It makes the hair really soft and silky. I love to touch my hair after using this(and also ask my mum repeatedly to tough it and say if it feels soft 😛 ).
- The effect remains for good two or three days. For hair like mine I should be using this twice a week for the intensive treatment. But I am prone to catch cold so staying for long in the shower is a strict no no for me. So I manage to use it once a week only my sister whose hair was damaged from chlorine in the water in the swimming pool also tried this on and it has helped her a lot..
- Smells good and it lingers for about a day or two.
- The texture is quite creamy. So its easy to apply.
- Only a small amount is required. A little dollop is enough for my hair which is a two or 3 inches below my shoulder. I have been using this for about two or three months once/twice a week . yet, not even half of the container is finished.
- It comes in a tub. A tube is more hygienic. But the tub ensures that the last bit of it is used and nothing is wasted. Also in the shower you don’t have worry about keeping the tube straight or down in order avoid spillage.
- Inexpensive considering all these pros about it.
The Cons of Loreal total Repair 5 Hair masque
- If you tend to use more than what is required it might make your hair a bit sticky or clumpy. But then, after one or two uses you should be able to figure out your right quantity.
- It has not completely cured my problems. But I guess that is due to my laziness as I more often use once instead of twice weekly.
Otherwise, I find no problem with Loreal total Repair 5 Hair masque.
Shall I repurchase Loreal total Repair 5 Hair masque: Yes, I will although I will still look out for my Holy Grail product.