Happy New Year everyone!! We are stepping into a brand new year with renewed dreams, new hopes, and with a pocket full of motivation, loads of will power an determination to lose weight and get fit this year. Also, with the promise that the resolution to shed extra weight would not fizzle out by the first week of January. If you are serious about getting fit this year, we are here to help, and that too with sure-shot ways to lose weight and get fit in 2022.
1. Get into a Calorie Deficit By Following the Rati Beauty Diet: Diet plays an important role in weight loss and getting fit, but it is essential to go into a calorie deficit to actually lose significant weight, and Rati Beauty puts you through calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition or health. Proper nutrition will propel your weight loss journey in the right direction, Dieting is not about food deprivation or eating cucumbers and salads all day – eat the right food and lose weight on the Rati Beauty diet.
2. Eliminate Refined Carbs: No, not all carbs are not your enemy, but refined carbs are! Carbs have a bad reputation in the weight loss circles due to the common belief that they are fattening in nature and lead to increase of fat storages in the body; however, not all carbs are bad. Food items such as sugar, candies, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. have refined carbs that spike insulin levels and have loads of calories that quickly add up and get stored as fat in cells. On the other hand, complex carbs such as legumes, whole grains, vegetables, have comparatively lower glycemic index, get slowly digested, are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and help with weight loss.
3. Amp up Protein: It is believed that protein is the most vital nutrient if you are trying to losing some serious weight. Many fitness instructors, health experts, and dieticians recommend keeping your protein level high in order to lose weight. When you consume protein, it increases the levels of the satiety hormones, controls appetite, burns more calories, and also helps build muscle. Here’s how you can consume more protein in 2022.
4. Soluble Fiber: When trying to get lean and healthy, along with protein, healthy fats, complex carbs, fiber is also an essential nutrient that forms part of a healthy diet, without which you may not see any significant drop in weight. So, do make a conscious effort to include more fiber on a daily basis – here’s a list of “11 Foods High in Soluble Fiber That Cut Down Belly Fat.”
5. Move More, Exercise Regularly: When you are on your feet for most part of the day, you are continuously burning calories. Get out of sedentary lifestyle right now, move more, exercise regularly, and see those extra layers of fat melt away.
6. Practice HIIT: High intensity interval training is one term you must’ve heard a lot from your gym trainer or someone who has been in the weight loss game for quite some time. This type of training involves short durations of exercise at your maximum levels. The advantage is that you get a longer rest period. It is highly effective and will advance your slimming process. Check out short-duration HIIT routines on the Rati Beauty app.
7. Say no to Added Sugar: This is probably a no-brainer – give up added sugar to lose weight because the empty calories that make their way through added sugar get converted as fat layers and not only prevent weight loss, they lead to rapid weight gain.
8. Try these “21 tricks to boost metabolism.”
9. Swap Meal Plate with a Small Bowl: Eat food from a bowl rather than a plate to control calorie intake. When you use small plates or bowls, you tend to take smaller amount of food and that would prevent you from eating more than you need. There are also studies that have found that your brain gets tricked and feels satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a plate. You would feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, dump that plate and pick that bowl.
10. Sleep Like a Baby: Not having a sound sleep has a spiralling effect when it comes to weight and health – it reduces leptin (satiety hormone) level, increases cortisol production, makes metabolism sluggish, lowers fat-burning enzymes, increases level of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.”Added to this, bad sleep can hamper the gut flora by hampering the physiological stress response, and an imbalanced gut can totally stall the whole weight loss process. In fact, in all seriousness, do nothing but sleep like a baby all through the night to shed extra flab.
How High Protein Diet Can Help you Lose Weight
14 Inexpensive Plant Based Protein Sources for Weight Loss
11 Foods High in Soluble Fiber That Cut Down Belly Fat